Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

FFL Transfer fees

• Thank you received: 529

FFL Transfer fees was created by OleCowboy

Buddy of mine just moved down here (Texas) and did not want to carry his guns in the car. So he contacted several FFL's and some of the prices quoted were stunning. I won't get into names:

Dealer 1: $100 per gun
Dealer 2: $50 per gun (he almost when with this outfit as it was half price of dealer 1.

At this point he called me and asked if these were common prices in Texas. I told him I had never paid that kind of money. I called up a buddy of mine who runs a small gun shop and found out he charges nothing as in $0. He is a bit unusual, I have another friend who charges $15 and another who charges $25. All of these guys run small outfits and don't see them as a prime source of revnue.

Other experiences and costs???
9 years 3 months ago #43975

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic FFL Transfer fees

Last I checked all three LGS in my area charged $25 a transfer. The last couple auctions I've been to were $15 to get the weapon out the door.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 3 months ago #43976

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic FFL Transfer fees

Same here Cowboy 25 dollar flat fee, big or small all the stores are the same. One did come in at 15 when asked, because I have bought there before.
9 years 3 months ago #43977

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic FFL Transfer fees

I make friends out of all my dealers or FFL holders and the fee is usually free :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 3 months ago #43982

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic FFL Transfer fees

I make friends out of all my dealers or FFL holders and the fee is usually free :thumbs:
AKAI
9 years 3 months ago #43983

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic FFL Transfer fees

I should have mentioned that the 2 dealers he called were both in Austin (where he is moving to). He was a gun club member and used to paying $15 where he lived and was drop jawed at the $100 price...good thing he called me.
9 years 3 months ago #43987

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by swebb on topic FFL Transfer fees

We only charge $20 for transfers. This was decided upon as most other local costs are more than double. We did find one place that was $40 though.
9 years 3 months ago #44012

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!