Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Suppressed 300 Blackout questions

• Thank you received: 0

Suppressed 300 Blackout questions was created by leopheard

Hi all,

Firstly, I’m totally new to the rifle arena and definitely what I’m looking to create. I’ve started the NFA trust process so I can get signed off on a an SBR 300 AAC Blackout 16” (tbc) suppressed with the intention of being able to fit a bump fire stock.

1) Will the lower recoil make the bump fire stock null and void i.e. won’t cycle the bump? Or even with this new binary fire trigger I've seen?

2) Is there a large market for suppressors for the 300BLK? I'm just trying to find one without such a huge pricetag?

3) I’ve seen replacement triggers for the AR-15 which claim to cycle a lot faster than the standard ones and therefore can give a faster rate of fire. Are these available for the 300BLK or am I showing my ignorance and assuming they’re a different trigger group?

Incase any further ATF changes come in, I'm going to just go ahead and get the lower pretty soon. Stupid question, but the lower doesn't specify what type of round is used, that comes with the bolt and barrel? As I said, I've had very little experience with ARs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
8 years 3 months ago #47139

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Suppressed 300 Blackout questions

Personally, I have no use for a bump fire stock.

However, welcome! The 300 Blackout is a great cartridge! Suppressed and the 300 BO are a marriage made in heaven! There are a good number of 30 caliber suppressors. However, a suppressor is not where you want to go cheap.

Can not answer your questions about the hyperfine triggers and the other gimmicks.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 3 months ago #47143

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Raf on topic Suppressed 300 Blackout questions

I have a 300 AAC AR-15 and have just recently purchased a YHM suppressor. I paid a lot for mine, it is a titanium model, but think it is well worth it. I'm waiting for the tax stamp and did get a trust this time.

As to the bump fire stock, I wouldn't waste my money on one. Remember controlled fire is more effective!!!!! My friend has one and he is trying to sell it!

Now as to the trigger, you could spend $200 more of less, but I have an ATI Omni Hybrid and the trigger is just fine. I would not think about getting a replacement trigger unless I was shooting competition of some kind.
8 years 3 months ago #47152

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!