Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

• Thank you received: 0

Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin was created by liharvy

Loaned my AR-10(T) to a friend so he could spec out his "clones" for sale. He lost my front takedown/pivot pin and I need another. Any help in locating a replacement (or a complete build kit from Armalite :) ) would be greatly appreciated.
P.s. my Christmas scope present from the wife has lain unused and she's threatening to take it back if I don't send rounds downrange soon.
14 years 10 months ago #1587

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

Can't you just order the pin from Armalite? They may even send you one.

Is the take-down pin retaining pin and spring still in your lower?
14 years 10 months ago #1589

Replied by liharvy on topic Re:Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

Armalite is not taking calls and an extensive internet search didn't find the part. According to my local sources (Fidelis Arms), the Geneseo, IL plant has been shut down by the ATF. I don't swear by that info but my phone calls and e-mails have not been returned. I just need the one part to make my rifle operational and can't find it. If you have any information, including a rebuttal of the plant shutdown by ATF, I would be very thankful.
14 years 10 months ago #1596

Sorry I didn't answer your entire question. I have the rest of the parts (detent pin and spring) to make it work.
14 years 10 months ago #1597

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

This may seem a little off, but it might get you by until you get the pin. Find a long skinny bolt, where the shank is smooth through most of the receiver and a locking nut, I know it sound outrageous but it should work. Believe me, I have had to fix things on the go alot more critical than that, and I did it on my sight until I got a new one. just make sure it is a tight fit. IT WOULD ONLY BE A TEMPORARY FIX.
Then you can shoot and keep your wife happy and keep your X-mas scope.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 10 months ago #1598

Good idea. I've even considered a wood dowel but was concerned about the strength. Your idea is workable and from what Ive been able to gather, shouldn't effect the stress point on the takedown pin holes. I'm just glad I've got an understanding wife, at least until I get some rounds off, or a finished rifle.
14 years 10 months ago #1600

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

liharvy wrote:
14 years 10 months ago #1604

Good to hear. I was able to place an order on their site today and everything seems to be operating as before. I would have hated to see them go away, even just in part.
14 years 10 months ago #1612

Replied by taticalrifle on topic Re:Desperately seeking AR-10(T) front takedown pin

762 sass has them that where i got mine about 2 weeks ago.Here is the web site www.762sass.com Another place that has it in stock as of saturday in dsg arms. www.dsgarms.com I hope this helps.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by taticalrifle.
14 years 10 months ago #1624

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!