Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula

• Thank you received: 0

The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula was created by ARMILITE1015

Any one still interested in this book????????????
14 years 8 months ago #1851

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Hank in Arkansas on topic Re:The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula

I'm interested but not for the prices I've seen on the internet. Do you have a source? (If this reply shows up twice, it's a computer glitch -- sorry)
14 years 8 months ago #1853

Replied by ARMILITE1015 on topic Re:The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula

What prices have you seen this going for on the internet???
14 years 8 months ago #1854

Can't recall exactly, except it was about $10 above the "are you kidding me" level.
14 years 8 months ago #1855

I have 2 copies of the book one was the original that I bought from Sam. He autographed it with a short note to me. I new him before he wrote the book. I picked up another copy that will be sold to a fellow in Canada and he's sending it to his brother-in law in Switzerland. How ever I did make some excellent copies that I'm thinking of selling for a lot less than what I paid for the second book. I don't think Sam would mind as he has no plans to re-publish it. They include the fold -outs and have holes punched in the border so that they could be put in a binder. I'm just checking here to see if there is still any interest in the book. There seemed to be a while back but I'm not sure now.
14 years 8 months ago #1856

I guess I'll probably pass on the copy. I've found a lot of historical info on the web, and in books such as "The Black Rifle", etc. If you post a price I'll think on it.
14 years 8 months ago #1858

Replied by carrera2 on topic Re:The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula

I would like to find an original copy but please send info on your copies. Thanks, Walt
14 years 7 months ago #1979

The problem here is that your looking for a book which had an initial printing of about 100-125 copies. I just sold my spare copy to a fellow in Canada for $200.00 + shipping. There are no plans to re-publish the book. I do have copies of the book for $40.00 + shipping. The copies include every thing in the original book + the fold-outs. I'm afraid this is about the only way you will ever find this book. I've been looking for a copy of this book besides my original. I have found 1 in ten years of looking and this is looking every ware including rare book dealers. If you find one I'm not sure what your willing to pay but I sold mine cheap. Your looking at a book that was printed for roughly 70 members of a newsletter club. As far as the newsletters go my set is currently in Canada and I really don't expect to see them back for another month. The newsletters are probably rarer than the book is, as there were like I said 70 subscribers and after 20 years or so I would be surprised if there were 5 sets left in the world. Sam would not even tell me how much he paid to get a set for himself when he was writing the book. He did reference the newsletters in the original book. When the newsletters are returned to me your welcome to view them for the price of the shipping.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 7 months ago #1999

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:The Armalite AR10 Book by Sam Pickula

ARMILITE1015 wrote:
I found one here at a local gunshow selling for $120. Owner was an original member subscribers to the newsletter. Just more than I was game to pay. $40+shipping is a much more reasonable price point though.
14 years 7 months ago #2005

Crux

Where was the show at and did you happen to get the members name?? Would be interested to know who it was.
14 years 7 months ago #2007

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!