Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite Super sass

• Thank you received: 0

Armalite Super sass was created by randog

I bought a new ar10t super sass from a buddy that was in a bind just holding it for now. Anyone own one? Do you love or hate it? He may get it back if he doesn't I trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it. Opions?
14 years 4 months ago #2587

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

Keep it! The fat lady ain't sung yet. Not your everyday rifle and I doubt you will ever have any trouble selling it and makin money to boot. Stick around and you will get plenty of great idea's to enjoy shooing it, RandR
14 years 4 months ago #2593

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

I think I would have to agree with RR, unless he is like family and it was more of a loan thing. If you bought it at a lesser price that MSRP and it is all yours, yes keep it, shoot it, love it, and post a picture in the gallery..if you need someone to hold on to it for you...well if I may be of service let me know...LOL. I wish I had the $$$$ to offer you for it...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2596

Replied by randog on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

Thanks for the advise. I gave him 3k for it he bought it back when they were higher said he had 3700 in it also got a pelican case with it. He called last night and said his deal may go thru and he would get it back and pay me double for the help not sure if that will happen but he is a crazy kind of guy. Contractor we did a big job with so who knows either way I will be happy I was able to help him and end up with a great gun. Thinking about putting the 6x 48 acog on it If I shoot it. Would like to have a 3.5x 10.
Thanks for the feedback
14 years 4 months ago #2598

It sounds like he got the "sniper package" they come with the case and bi-pod and sights and cleaning kit...did you get the mock suppressor too. Well glad to here it is going to work out...
Just to let you know....this is the standard package

www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10SB...aa-aea0-49488ec48776

so if you get double the money back, you could order you one of your own, if you give it back...LOL
BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2599

Replied by c3guns on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

Some distributors may be offering a "sniper package" with a case, etc. but that is not a cataloged item from Armalite that I have seen from them as a registered dealer. If I'm wrong, please tell me though.

The genuine SASS rifle has a dealer cost that's under $2500, and since most dealers sell this type of rifle at 12 to 15 percent, you should be able to buy a new one for less than $2900 with a little searching. However, since they're hard to get from Armalite, you may end up paying a premium. Either way, $3k for a used SASS is not a bargain, but it's not a rip either.

I'm a die hard ACOG believer personally, but if you really want to ring the best out of a SASS, I'd go with a Leupold MKIV or a Night Force. A rifle that good deserves really good glass and with Federal Gold Medal Match you should expect the rifle to shoot better than most people are capable of handling.
14 years 4 months ago #2604

Replied by c3guns on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

Some distributors may be offering a "sniper package" with a case, etc. but that is not a cataloged item from Armalite that I have seen from them as a registered dealer. If I'm wrong, please tell me though.

The genuine SASS rifle has a dealer cost that's under $2500, and since most dealers sell this type of rifle at 12 to 15 percent, you should be able to buy a new one for less than $2900 with a little searching. However, since they're hard to get from Armalite, you may end up paying a premium. Either way, $3k for a used SASS is not a bargain, but it's not a rip either.

I'm a die hard ACOG believer personally, but if you really want to ring the best out of a SASS, I'd go with a Leupold MKIV or a Night Force. A rifle that good deserves really good glass and with Federal Gold Medal Match you should expect the rifle to shoot better than most people are capable of handling.
14 years 4 months ago #2605

Replied by randog on topic Re:Armalite Super sass

c3guns thanks for the inside track on cost I knew I was paying top dollar for the gun but it has never been fired new as new can be and the buddy factor played in. good to know I didn't go to far over market value. The guy I got it from is a friend he once brought me 6, 5 gallon gas cans when my wifes dad filled my diesel truck with gas and hung with me until I got the truck running late one night.
So I factored that in as well. Who knows he may show up with 6 grand and want his gun back...not holding my breath but could happen then I will go shopping...if not I will keep it and put a night force on it when funds allow assuming Obama and the rest don't starve us out first. Thanks again
14 years 4 months ago #2607

C3, I will have to correct you on the "Sniper Package", in my ArmaLite catalog they do offer it straight from the factory. Of course they don't give a price, "call to order", but it is available from them, package includes the following......
AR-10 flip up front sight
AR-10 flip up rear sight
Harris bi-pod
Starlight case..or one of your choice
sniper cleaning kit
with the option of adding a scope, and mount (theirs or on of your choosing) and or a suppressor, mock or functional if you have the tag..
Base line for standard SUPER SASS is running 3K if you order it from them, my dealer quoted me 2,900 plus tax (of course) but that was a "no bones" rifle too.
BMS

14 years 4 months ago #2609

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!