Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

• Thank you received: 0

Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight was created by tahoe_bim

Looking to buy or build this multipurpose rifle. I have a $2500 budget. Max weight 10lbs thats including optics. thankyou for your input.
14 years 2 months ago #2994

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

Well mine weighs in at about 12 to 13.5 with two 20 round mags...loaded, so for what it's worth....I have a A4 CB...with the drop in railed fore arm and all the toys to make it work...it is just how you are going to configure it...The standard AR-10 A4 CB out of the box weighs in at 9 lbs and it has the forward assist that mine does not...hope it helps...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3001

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

Remington has a new AR-15 out that will fit this. Its chambered in their new Ar-30 round. I remember it falls some where between a 30-30 and a 308. 2700fps with 125gr bullets but falls off fast with heaver bullets. Its based on a short 284 case. I am having a reamer ground for it necked to 6mm for competition. That will allow me to go to the lighter weight rifle and have the 600yd punch of a 243. It should give 3150fps with a 107gr bullet and be more efficent than the 6X and have a little more punch than the 6 Dasher I use now. The good thing is I won't have to switch bolts with the Dasher. I have been having bolts for the .472 head size being made by Barnes Precision Machine and they are some of the finest around. Barnes is a shooter and takes time to do his product line the right way. He also makes lower receivers and various other parts. I plan to assist him in the engineering of some new products that are made by shooters for shooters. Also Barnes has a new handguard system that I will post pictures of soon that is simple and tough and not over priced without added weight.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3003

Replied by tahoe_bim on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

thanks for the input. im looking at the DPMS SASS. it looks like i get everything i want for about the money i want to spend. what do you guys think?
14 years 2 months ago #3044

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

Get some C products mags and run with it.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3045

Replied by tahoe_bim on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

what do you guys think of the Patriot Ordance rifles?

www.pof-usa.com/p308/p308.htm
14 years 2 months ago #3056

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

tahoe_bim wrote:
Hard to get a "battle rifle" under 10 lbs. I'd give a look at the base AR10A4CB model:

www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10A4...aa-aea0-49488ec48776

The only major difference between that and my 16" AR10 is I have the heavy SS barrel, and FF aluminum Quad rail which of course makes mine heavier.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 2 months ago #3155

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Hunting/Battle Rifle/Lightweight

Yeah Crux's rifle is a Prototype.... :dry: :lol: No really that is a great rifle my friend, I never get tired of seeing it, OH and it's famous as well...sorry crux, couldn't resist that one....I remember that thread....
But honestly...most "Battle Rifles" are going to be in the neighborhood of 9+ lbs, and when you start adding ammo, optics and what ever else...well might want to start working out abit if you are going to carry it for any distance...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3161

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!