Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Improving my P308 (need ideas)

• Thank you received: 0

Improving my P308 (need ideas) was created by Eggers11b

Ok I have a P308 14.5", without a doubt it's an amazing carbine, but I'd like to improve it if possible. I plan to get the new POF muzzle brake, but what else can I do to up it some. Here's what's in it so far
P308 14.5, Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36 Illum, Insight mini red dot, Enidine AR-10 hydraulic recoil buffer carbine, Harris bipod, Vltor front and rear flip sights, Magpul ACS stock, Magpul angled front grip, Magpul 20rd 308 mags, Surefire mini scout light, all mounts LaRue Tactical.
Give me some feed back and info, thanks!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

13 years 9 months ago #4856

This message has an attachment image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Improving my P308 (need ideas)

Skip the POF muzzle brake and get an OPS, INC. muzzle brake. That will set you up to add a suppressor later from OPS, INC., who make the best ones. Do you have a PRI gas buster charging handle? You might want to look at a second upper with a 20" barrel. And if you really want to drop some cash, switch out the barrels and get the Mike Rock 5R barrels with the carbon fiber wrap. They come in all lengths. Do you have an adjustable gas block?

Other than that, I seem to have the same set up as you, except my gun is a fulton armory titan with an 18&1/2 inch barrel. I also have a badger ordnance 22 moa riser and two scopes in QD mounts, a Nightforce 1-4 and a Valdada 2-12. Also, my BUIS have tritium inserts.

The only thing I'm looking for now is less weight, which is why I'm interested in carbon wrapped barrels. Slightly less weight I know, but at this point every once counts.

Other things to look at adding on, night vision and it's accessories, such as IR lasers and lights and range finders.

I get 10% of the cost of everything I mentioned if you add it. My fee. :)
13 years 9 months ago #4857

Replied by Eggers11b on topic Re:Improving my P308 (need ideas)

I think I'll stay with the P308 muzzle break, it helps stablize and reduce the recoil. My P308 14.5 already has a recoil much closer to a AR-15 then any 7.62x51 rifle I have fired before. Also if you are worried about weight, you should look into a P308, mine without anything on it weighs 8.5 pounds and the barrel is fluted all the way down it, helping to reduce weight and heat. I'll look into everything else you talked about though. Thanks for the reply.

SGT Eggers M.R
13 years 9 months ago #4889

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Improving my P308 (need ideas)

Well if I may....all LaRue mounts...that is a good move to start.
As far as the rest...I think you might have it covered...if you put to much on it, you may end up with this...LOL :laugh: :woohoo:
BMS

This image is hidden for guests.

It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #4891

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by Eggers11b on topic Re:Improving my P308 (need ideas)

haha nice. Yea I don't want too much. I think I'm pretty much good, just little things I'd say
13 years 9 months ago #4897

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!