Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

First Post and PIcs of my AR10!

• Thank you received: 0

First Post and PIcs of my AR10! was created by cobravenom39

Hello Guys,
New on the forum and just finished doing some work on my AR10.

Bought the gun Used about 7 months ago and never got around to shooting it. The guy who had it prior to me put a JP single stage in it and said he only put about 200 rounds through. Well, it looked like a thousand rounds when I broke it down, but no biggie, I picked it up with the CTR and some other goodies (as well as all the stock stuff for about $1 grand).

I just got done with the MIAD grip and put some Troy BUIS and a Troy MRF rail on it. I had ADCO pin a low-prof gas block on it.

Took it to the range with 2 - 25 rd mags and 2 - 20 rounders loaded up with German Dag (from Aim with the Battle pacs). About half of them had some oxidation on them and I sanded it off - didn't see too big a deal at the time. So I put the first mag through, 25 rounds, no issues. Fired like a dream. I then put the 20 round mag in there and fired 4 rounds. Round 4 FTF'd and then the next round jammed into with the FTF round. I dropped the mag and made sure it wasn't tilted or anything and popped it back in. 4 more rounds flawlessly and then the same thing again. I load up the previous 25 round magazine (the one that worked the first time) and fired two rounds and then the same thing. At this point I think there's a problem with the gas system, but wouldn't it happen every round or more often if it was the gas system. Then, I loaded up the 25-rounder again and pulled back the charging handle and nothing.

I then went back to the range yesterday with some PRVI .308 fro AIM and fired off 80 rounds without issue out of the same Mags

Anyone else have problems with DAG German surplus?

(I also threw in pics of my Saiga that I just finished the front end restoration and side folder installation on)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

13 years 2 months ago #6718

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by TriggerTime on topic Re:First Post and PIcs of my AR10!

I have fired 600+ rounds of German DAG through my AR10A4BF without a problem. I do have feed issues with the 20 round mag and mostly use 10 rounders. But never a miss with the ammo. I got it from Wideners www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=10000011&dir=18|830|848 and it is bright and shiney.
13 years 2 months ago #6759

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!