Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

6.5 Creedmore barrels to fit 10T

• Thank you received: 0

6.5 Creedmore barrels to fit 10T was created by Hutchcat

has anyone built a 6.5 Creedmore on an AR10-T swap out the 308 with new barrel, if so how difficult and where did you get the barrel?
I do most minor work on my own guns and also have a gunsmith I use just in case.
11 years 5 months ago #12708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic 6.5 Creedmore barrels to fit 10T

I haven't seen any threads about anyone doing this kind of build Hutch but if it were me, I'd be thinking about the price of that stuff. 6.5 Creedmore is not one of the more common calibers and unless you are loading your own, things could get pretty pricey fast.

If you DO attempt that build though, I'm sure others would be very interested in how it works out for you.

Keep us posted on what you decide please.
Sharkey
11 years 5 months ago #13419

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic 6.5 Creedmore barrels to fit 10T

I've been watching the 6.5 creedmore for a little while. It is gaining ground in the long range crowd out performing the 175smk with less recoil, less drift, and less drop. As far as cost goes, it does what the 260rem should have done at a lower price per round(a few cents), plus being able to convert brass from the .308 family makes it a reloaders dream. so I definitely got my eye on this one.

Anyway, for the barrel, I'd talk to places like GAP that do builds such as this about sourcing the barrel. I can't imagine them not building the barrel but since many of them are catering to the other brands you may have to provide the barrel extension, available from armalite.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 5 months ago #13432

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!