Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Range Day

• Thank you received: 22

Range Day was created by MTM

Took the day off today and finally got the range about 1pm. Temp was about 90 and rising. Figured I'd try the 100 or so 300 Blackout reloads I managed to do over the past three days (see the topic under 'What did you do on the bench today'. The rifle is a Smith/Wesson M&P Lower with a CMMG 16-inch upper topped with a Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR 1-4 scope. The scope had not been zeroed so I did it at 50 yards using PNW Arms 147g 300Blk Range. The box stated "processed bullets" so I imagine they are military pulldowns. Anyway, they shot accurate which is good enough. Satisfied with the scope I loaded 5 of the reloads. These were 125g SMKs with 17g of Lil Gun. They grouped rather loosely about 2 inches high and to the left of the bullseye (aimed for center bullseye for consistency). Repeated this exercise several more times with the best grouping hitting about an inch high at 12:00. I also had 5 rounds loaded with Nosler 125g Ballistic tip and the same powder load at 17g. These grouped really tight and about an inch high at 12:00. So, I think the rifle prefers Nosler. With a scope re-zero using either would be fine with me. Fortunately, there were no jams or failures with any of the loads and I used plain jane metal magazines. By the time I left the range at 3:30 the temp was at 98. To cool off I took a walk through a nearby Gander Mountain. They're very proud of their stuff and the prices reflect it..... Thus endeth my day off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, jtallen83
9 years 7 months ago #41719

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Range Day

:thumbs: nice report MTM great minds think a like. My son was home so we took off to the range with 2 AR15's and 2 AR10's and a 1911. One of the AR's, a carbine, has a new flattop and BUIS so we tried to sight it in. Found the rear sight could not be adjusted enough to bring the shots down onto the target, and the front sight adjustment for height was jammed, so we switched to the 10's. I fine tuned my reloads for both, and my son burned up 4 magazines of surplus ammo so I now have something to reload with good bullets and powder. The 1911 cooperated today and was accurate as well. A nice couple of hours.
9 years 7 months ago #41725

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Range Day

Good report, hopefully you have a covered firing line. Can't beat them Noslers.
9 years 7 months ago #41728

• Thank you received: 22

Replied by MTM on topic Range Day

Yep, covered and with fans! Ancient City Shooting Range in St Augustine, FL. Very nice range in that one can shoot any caliber, full auto or single. Not restricted to staying behind the bench (provided others aren't around) so you can practice drawing or moving while shooting for both rifle and pistol.
9 years 7 months ago #41746

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Range Day

It is always nice to hear when someone can make it to the range.
That does sound like a good one too.
No more shooting than I get done, I thinking I`m turning to more of a collector that a shooooter. :whip: :busted: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 7 months ago #41777

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!