Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Putting together an AR308 in a .243 caliber.

• Thank you received: 102

Putting together an AR308 in a .243 caliber. was created by MrMarty51

I have been wanting to build an AR10 in the .243 cal for a long time now.
I was watching the upper receiver assemblies with the .243 stainless barrel in the midway usa site and finally dropped the bucks for one, this is where it get interesting. LOL
I milled a Ceratac lower receiver a while back, got in the upper from Midway aaaand, it dont fit. I contacted Ceratac and got one of their upper receivers stripped, it got here last Friday.
So I am now in the process of disassembling the ARStoner upper receiver and converting the components over to the Ceratac upper.
I did not realize how many tools it is going to take, instructions is calling for vice block, there also is some sort of a shaft that fits into the chamber locking lugs and an assortment of other tools.
I am wondering if the vice block and all the other tools is really necessary, I know I can get the barrel nut removed okay but, I do not want to destroy any components getting it all shifted to the Ceratac upper.
Anyone have any hints or suggestions ?
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
4 years 2 weeks ago #48052

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!