Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

bigger is better.

• Thank you received: 67

bigger is better. was created by foxhunter

ok,I've been wondering this for awhile and I know there are folks on this site that can answer this. Can someone explain to me why Benelli(R1) and Browning (BAR) can make semiautomatic hunting rifles that will handle the 300win mag and 338 win mag, but no one seems able or willing to do this with the AR10 platform? Wouldn't there be a place for a gun like this in 300 win mag for our military or police?? I keep dreaming of a 300 win mag semiauto that doesn't weigh over 10 lb that will shoot 1 moa that won't kick the crap out of me without having to use a muzzle brake. That BAR is nice but it won't shoot like my ar10T. .
13 years 8 months ago #5263

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:bigger is better.

I was thinking the AR 10 platform is available in the 338 Lapua Mag. platform and a couple of others but I am not real sure,You might want to check in the Armalite website and see.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
13 years 8 months ago #5266

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:bigger is better.

They make a 338 federal for the ar 10, but I believe that is basically a 338 cal bullet in a 308 case. Their 338 lapau is only available on their bolt action, as is the 300 win mag. Never shot any of their bolt actions but would like the opportunity to see what shooting that big 338 feels like.Shooting my 300 win mag model 70, I have lost the flinch with practice, bu putting a hair trigger on the gun, wearing a shoulder pad.Still , 20-30 rounds and I am done.
13 years 8 months ago #5274

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cntmassx2 on topic Re:bigger is better.

Take a look over at Accuracy Systems Inc. They sell and can build Magnum calibers such as those you mention in the AR-10 format.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by cntmassx2. Reason: Added AR-10 format.
13 years 7 months ago #5433

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:bigger is better.

found this gun in 338LM. looks awesome.price $4495
"The innovative Noreen Bad News .338 Lapua ULR provides tactical marksmen with the performance of a powerful and proven long range cartridge with the numerous advantages of the venerable AR platform.

Weighing just 13 pounds, the Bad News .338 Lapua ULR is light enough and portable enough to serve as a patrol rifle, yet it vastly outperforms comparable bolt-action sniper rifles. The rifle
13 years 7 months ago #5568

Replied by para503rd on topic Re:bigger is better.

"weighing just 13 pounds" a patrol rifle? how many miles have these people humped a rifle on patrol. A squad machine gun is worth the weight to carry but not this
12 years 10 months ago #7709

Replied by WARUBOZU on topic Re: bigger is better.

There's lots of talk about armalite producing a 300 rsam in the ar10 platform. The reason why their is not 300wm and 338 lapua in the ar10 is BC the casings are too long, that's why you have so many 308 veriant rds 243 260 270 308 and 338 fed all in a 51mm casing to fit the bolt carrier. I'm my oppion this is the most limiting aspect of the ar10. Otherwise perfect rifle.
11 years 6 months ago #12625

Replied by WARUBOZU on topic Re: bigger is better.

11 years 6 months ago #12626

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!