Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

bipod for AR10T

• Thank you received: 1

bipod for AR10T was created by Morpheous13

New to this post, so be patient with me.

Just got an Armalite AR10T (7.62 ALUM FLOATED HANDGUARD, 20" SST BBL). Would like to put a Harris bipod on it and a vertical fore grip. Do I need to change out the handguard for one with a rail or are there some sort of adapters to use?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 13fcolt
11 years 4 months ago #14778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic bipod for AR10T

DOH! hit the wrong button and you got a free thank you.

The stock harris bipod will attach to a sling stud, an adapter is needed to attach those to railed sections. so you should be good to go on that part.
The VFG will need some rail to attach to. You can do this by adding a short rail section where you need it or by replacing the entire handguard. Adding rail sections will require some drilling and such. oops, I'm thinking about the older HG.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by 13fcolt. Reason: Pian meds..
11 years 4 months ago #14782

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic bipod for AR10T

Actually, if you have the normal stock handgrips with no rails and just the top and bottom vent holes, I used rails that will bolt directly TO these guards although I JUST received my new "railed" handguard and will not need the one I currently have so I MAY be looking to get rid of it with the rails but it'll be a few days before I make that decision. No drilling or anything - bolt right on securely and don't interfere with the heat shield at all other than covering a couple of holes which I've never had an issue with.

As for the bolt on rails, follow this link -

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...splay&category_ID=93

These rails are different lengths and WILL bolt directly to a standard handguard and heat shieild.

They are also stable enough to use for a bipod, hand grip etc. I've had no issues with mine at all but just wanted the railed handguard to improve my configuration a bit.

Hope this helps.
Sharkey
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14783

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic bipod for AR10T

He has the T model aluminum tube handguard. Armalite does show rail sections on their website for that particular HG, but it doesn't show how they mount. Their website is wonky right now. But they do sell them. Handguard page

Tech note 83 is the one with the details on the rail sections but its down right now.
nevermind got it. confirmed. they will just bolt on. Tech note 83 Intallation of rail sections
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by 13fcolt. Reason: links
11 years 4 months ago #14789

Replied by Morpheous13 on topic bipod for AR10T

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I will probably just get the bolt on rails.
11 years 4 months ago #14790

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by gunjunkie on topic bipod for AR10T

My T model has the aluminum tube hand guard and the Harris mounted up to the sling swivel just fine, then hung my sling on the sling mount that's on the Harris.
11 years 4 months ago #14871

Replied by Morpheous13 on topic bipod for AR10T

Cool. Thanks for the insight.
11 years 4 months ago #14876

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!