Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10T

• Thank you received: 132

AR-10T was created by mlotziii

I have a 2003, Armalite AR-10(T), It has the Lother Walther barrel. I followed the recommended break in proceedures and am blessed with a rifle that shoots sub MOA with winchester hunting ammo.

The free floated barrel is a great feature and contributes to the overall accuracy of the rifle.

The factory butt stock leaves a little to be desired. After adding heavy scope rings and a large optic the rife is a little muzzle heavy.

The reliability has been incredible. I typically clean the bore with every 10 rounds or so.

Overall I'm incredibly pleased with my AR-10(T). It meets every expectation
15 years 9 months ago #133

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:AR-10T

Good feedback on the AR-10T. I'm looking at purchasing either the AR-10T or a SASS next month myself along with one of the standard models for "plinking" purposes. I was also planning on ordering a DPMS Panther along with the Armalite models for comparison purposes.
15 years 9 months ago #134

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Qbeam on topic Re:AR-10T

Has there been any problems with the trigger? I understand the trigger could fire twice if the trigger is not pulled correctly on a single shot. Has anyone had this happen?
15 years 8 months ago #258

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:AR-10T

I think this is more rumor than fact. With AR style rifles you can fire the rifle twice with one trigger pull if...... your barrel is so hot the second round goes off when it is chambered, the little spring on your firing pin has failed, or if in the case of an AR-10 the recoil is greater so you pull the trigger and then when the bolt closes you pull the trigger again.

With 500+ rounds through my AR-10 I've never had two rounds fire with one trigger pull.
15 years 8 months ago #259

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:AR-10T

Gents,

What you describe may be a "cook off" from a hot barrel. However, they must be very hot. This phenomena is usually found in belt fed machine guns and can cause a "runaway" weapon...the weapon is firing and cycling due to heat and not the shooters trigger finger.
The proscribed immediate action is to either remove the magazine or break the belt.
You would really have to be abusing the rifle to have that happen in an AR-10. The barrel would have to be glowing...

Wes
15 years 6 months ago #407

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR-10T

IFrom Armalite Tech Note 32

Miscellaneous malfunctions - The firing of two rounds on a single trigger pull.
Causes:
This is often due to the trigger pin backing out from engagement from one side or the other of the receiver. Loosening of the trigger pin in turn is due usually to a broken or to an incorrectly assembled hammer spring. The sear surfaces of the trigger or hammer may be worn and prevent full sear action. The disconnector hook and/or the disconnector surfaces on the hammer may be worn, allowing doubling. The disconnector spring may be weak.
Corrective action:
The hammer spring should be inspected for damage or incorrect assembly. Replace the hammer and trigger if their engagement doesn
15 years 6 months ago #421

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:AR-10T

You can bump fire any semi auto and that is all that happens to ar's unless they are
broken as stated above. Check out you tube for videos on bump firing if your not familiar with the term.
15 years 6 months ago #423

Replied by Milgram on topic Re:AR-10T

In Iraq, during each mission, I would chamber a round into my M16 when we left the wire, then after returning, I would unload the round and return it to the top of the magazine. After about 15 missions without firing the round, I noticed that the primer was dented in, as the trigger had been pulled and the round had miss fired. Apparently the primer was dented in from the impact of the pin slamming onto it repeatedly when the bolt went forward. It wasn't enough to fire the round, but after repeated impacts, it caused the dent.

The AR10 has a spring on the pin that prevents this. I imagine this is because the pin is actually heavy enough to discharge the round if it were allowed to slam forward. Theoretical, removing the spring on the pin would make your rifle an open bolt machine gun - accept that you wouldn't be able to stop it by releasing the trigger. However, as long as you keep the spring on the pin, this will never be an issue. Since the spring prevents the spring from slamming forward onto the primer, this would never be a problem.
15 years 4 months ago #792

Replied by Milgram on topic Re:AR-10T

Also, if you are shooting your AR10T so much that the barrel is hot enough to cook off rounds, you need to go to the back of the class for some remedial training.
15 years 4 months ago #793

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!