Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New AR-10A

• Thank you received: 147

New AR-10A was created by Akai

How many of you own the new AR-10A and what are your thoughts.

AKAI
11 years 1 month ago #20605

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic New AR-10A

It's an abomination!

It shares mags with a DPMS! :S
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
11 years 1 month ago #20631

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic New AR-10A

you have more options with magazines in the "B" series.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
11 years 1 month ago #20675

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic New AR-10A

Why doesn't some brain make a mag that works in both rifles???

Can someone send me the important specs of both and I'll rub some brain cells together
11 years 1 month ago #20677

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic New AR-10A

:I-agree:
I'll volunteer do the prototypes :thumbs:
Not familiar with the DPMS mags, but they are based on the FN right?
or; Do they interchange with FN?
AKAI
11 years 1 month ago #20684

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New AR-10A

No that is Rock River Arms uses FN FAL mags. DPMS, and Knights Armament, can use DPMS 19 round mag, or PMag, Along with AR10 A model. I am so happy with the quality of the Gen II mags, I don't want anything else.
11 years 1 month ago #20685

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic New AR-10A

I wish somebody would make polymer mags for the "B" series rifles. Magpul would be my first choice, but this appears not to be on their "to-do" list. If it happened I'd buy an even dozen!

There are pros and cons to steel and polymer mags, so having a Pmag for my 10s is not a deal breaker. I just wish I had more options.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
11 years 1 month ago #20688

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic New AR-10A

It'd be nice if there one mag that would work for both styles, but I think the differences in the design of the mag wells, magazine catches, and upper receivers between the AR10B and the KAC/AR10A are too great to overcome.

On second thought, a polymer mag that had inserts that could be installed/removed depending on the model of rifle - in the same way that polymer framed pistols have adjustable backstraps - might work.
RLTW
11 years 1 month ago #20703

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic New AR-10A

My LGS has an AR10A4 for sale right now. IIRC it was on the rack for 1600. I almost picked it up by if I came home with another rifle right now I'd be shot with it so...It's still there.
11 years 1 month ago #20704

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic New AR-10A

In the mid 90's when ArmaLite brought back out the AR-10, Mr. Westrom went with the popular M-14 magazine design because it was plentiful and could easily be obtained during the magazine ban. So the AR-10 was redesigned around that platform to allow a standard capacity magazine.

Other companies noticed the semi auto .308 line picking up and decided to go the same direction. But didn't want to copy to avoid copyright and patent infringements. So they used the metric mags and imported them.

With the popular design of the M-15 being standardized across the U.S. there was no room for individuality. Nothing to set each other apart other than cheep materials and who can make the cheapest rifle. That is why there are so many people that make the M-15 series rifles now. So now it's a quality thing. Who has the best quality at the cheapest price. (Always remember... Cheap stuff isn't good, and good stuff isn't cheap)

The AR-10 line or the semi auto .308 is what makes a company back to it's individuality and separates everybody now. About the same thing as Chevy and Ford. You cant swap parts between them either.

ArmaLite heard the cry of the customer and added a forward assist to the AR-10, and also redesigned the AR-10 to be able to accept the original ArmaLite waffle mag, in doing so it also accepts the P-Mag (only on 2 models). One down side to that is the magazines now. Old ArmaLite waffle magazines aren't cheap and hard to come by and the less expensive P-Mag only comes in one size (20 rounds). When ArmaLite used the M-14 mags, they already had in the work for the GEN II when the ban expired. So now with the improved GEN II, you have more options ranging from a true 5 round up to 25 round capacity magazine. For some states that have restrictions that is a bonus.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
11 years 1 month ago #20710

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!