Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 STANDARD UPDATE

• Thank you received: 1

AR-10 STANDARD UPDATE was created by Macky

I just purchased an older AR10T that hasn't seen much action. The trigger is rock solid and the bolt is still black. It was orginally picked up for an LEO, but the guy it was picked up for retired and went tot he second owner where it stayed ever since.

The serial number of the rifle is in the 50K range (I believe) and I was wondering if something like the service offered at Armalite is worth the $150

www.armalite.com/Categories.aspx?Categor...ae-9525-51369346662f

I see I get a couple replacements, but not certain what "Upgrade receiver/barrel to M4 feed ramps" means. Sorry for the noob questions. This is green to me. :twothumbs:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Macky.
11 years 1 month ago #21444

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic AR-10 STANDARD UPDATE

For $150 I say go for it. There is a lot on that list worthwhile, and a gen2 10 round mag to boot.
I would contact them first to discuss current lead times and go into it knowing what to expect, will they test fire, how to handle shipping the weapon both ways, etc.

The M4 cuts are extending the feed ramps down into the upper, where the red arrows are pointing. Intended to improve feeding reliability.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Macky
11 years 1 month ago #21447

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic AR-10 STANDARD UPDATE

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rifle. "M4 feed ramps" is a modification made to the receiver and barrel that allows for more reliable feeding. It was a mod done originally to the Colt M4 for improved feeding and it's become a something of a "standard feature" on any quality AR-style rifle.

Good pic of the extensions, Colt.
RLTW
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Macky
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by LebbenB.
11 years 1 month ago #21450

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Macky on topic AR-10 STANDARD UPDATE

Thanks for the replies and the PIC. Glad to be here. Really helpful stuff! I will give them a call. I'm taking it out at the end of May, so might not happen until fall unless they have 0 lead time.
11 years 1 month ago #21452

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!