Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

How to tell who made my AR-10T barrel?

• Thank you received: 0

How to tell who made my AR-10T barrel? was created by Gewgaw

Hi all! New member here. Question for all you AR-10T barrel experts! I bought a used, complete AR-10T upper with 24" stainless steel heavy barrel a couple of months ago, and I have been trying to find out if it's a Lothar Walther manufactured barrel or not. The guy I got it from did not know.

Is there a way to find out if it is a LW barrel by looking at it? Are there any sorts of identifying stamps or marks I can look for? I don't have a bore scope, so it's hard for me to tell from the rifling....

If it's not a LW barrel, who else could it be? I've seen Douglas on this site, on Sniper's Hide they told me it might be a Wilson... Any way to tell from the barrel who made it???
15 years 2 weeks ago #1353

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:How to tell who made my AR-10T barrel?

gewgaw,

Maker's data is generally on the shank end of the barrel. Rifling type, twist rate, land and groove diameter. I've yet to see a "makers" mark on the barrel itself. Unfortunately, most of this information is machined off during the installation process.
The maker should be able to tell you who's tube was used.
My GA Precision AR-10 has a Schneider barrel. The tube itself is marked GA Precision as the maker.
Not the answer your looking for, but the best I can give at this time.

Wes
15 years 2 weeks ago #1354

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gewgaw on topic Re:How to tell who made my AR-10T barrel?

Thanks for the info! Yeah, Armalite told me they could not tell me which one my barrel was simply from the length and material it was made from, since they had many different suppliers.

Just in case anyone recognizes it from the crown, here's a pic:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

It looks like it has 4 grooves/lands.
15 years 2 weeks ago #1355

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!