Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR 10 stock Forend -- modifications

• Thank you received: 3

AR 10 stock Forend -- modifications was created by MountainRN

My AR 10T has a stock forend (handguard) on it and I would like to modify it in a couple of ways:

1. Rather than buying a new single rail forend, is it possible to purchase a picatiny rail system and attach it to the stock forend? If so, what product would you recommend?

2. If I wanted to paint this stock forend, is that possible? What paint should I use?

Thanks for the help; I am out of town right now, but when I get home I will post some pics and show the progression of my build.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by MountainRN. Reason: Add Pictures as promised
10 years 6 months ago #29835

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic AR 10 stock Forend -- modifications

MRN- Yes , don't be afraid of doing it, just put some forethought into it and make it your goal not to make it look cobbled together. As far as paint Krylon camo paints hold up ok with good surface prep. and easy to touch up ,or strip back and start over. Good luck and post pics .
10 years 6 months ago #29837

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic AR 10 stock Forend -- modifications

Go for it, I used a magpul rail as a bipod mount on the stock forend with good results. The holes lined up fine, you can also find some that are thicker on one end to make up for the taper. I didn't find much use for that, the stock forend does not fit tight enough to mount lasers or iron sights and get repeatable results, works fine for a light though.
Look forward to seeing the results of your camo job, I've never tried it myself. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 6 months ago #29838

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!