Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Range results

• Thank you received: 2

Range results was created by Tango

Mike308 here. Finally got out to check some loads on my AR10. It seems I have 2 in the string that produced great results. I used IMR 4064 loaded to magazine length with the SIE 168 HPBT MK bullet with Winchester cases and R9-1/2 primers.

40.5 and 42.0 loads both grouped just inside of 1" at 100 yards on a rest with a gloved hand under handguard. I tried the 42.0 load a second time this Saturday and had a group that measured 0.625 and one that measured 1.055.

I didn't chrono these and will look at that later. But for now I have something to work with.

Does anyone have success loading the bullet out closer to the lands?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 3 months ago #33360

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Range results

I've never been able to get close and still fit in the magazine.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #33372

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Range results

YUPERS, that was My first mistake on reloading, made My dummy round, then had to use a ramrod to push it out with, pressed the bullet in just a very slight bit more.
Loaded up several then tried to load them into the magazine, nope, no go, had to press the boolits in quite a bit further so`s theyd fit into the magazine. Making them as long as possible without causing any feeding issues.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 3 months ago #33373

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Tango on topic Range results

For my AR15 in slow prone single load I'm 5 thousands off. Has anyone done any work with single loading of the AR10?
10 years 3 months ago #33389

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic Range results

"For my AR15 in slow prone single load I'm 5 thousands off. Has anyone done any work with single loading of the AR10?"

No, I can't say that I have, but in theory it should pretty much be the same animal. You have a heavier bolt carrier group for a little extra "uhmph" with an AR 10, so you should be good to go there. As long as you have a solid reading on your chamber mic, and you seat to a depth that collaborates to that, you should be in business.
10 years 3 months ago #33437

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Range results

Have`nt tried feeding single rounds, I thinking that`d bring the AR into accuracy specs. to meet as good as a bolt action rifle, set the gas port so it wo`nt cycle the bolt and it`d then have the full force of the powders potential pushing the booolit.
Sounds good in theory anyhows.
I had thought of doing a rebarrel, having a new barrel chamber reamed to bring the specs. into tighter tolerances, so the reloaded ammunition`d to chamber to magazine would be a closer match for the OAL of the booolits.
Anyone think that`d work, or, could it be a possibility of a disaster ???
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
10 years 3 months ago #33449

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!