Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

• Thank you received: 62

At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine was created by magi

I finally had a chance to spend a few hours at the range with the SASS & the 10T Carbine..... I'm getting more comfortable with this type of technical shooting... and the rifles now have 200 rounds or so through them... Sooo... my groups are consistently starting to tighten up......
I'm using a good grade of ammo.... Federal match King 175 grain in the SASS... And Federal match King 168 grain in the Carbine....... Both weapons are shooting more consistent tighter groups now.. And I think it'll get better....
I've been shooting three shot groups breaking the rifles in getting used to this... And I'm starting to shoot five shots groups with the SASS......
The carbine will consistently shoot under inch and a half and 1 inch groups or better already..... I believe the SASS Is capable of consistent groups of three quarters to a half-inch at 100 yards with the right ammo if I do my part.... I'll find out in the near future....
I can see .... You really have to do every little thing just right with this kind of shooting to Perform well.... Very Zen.....
I'm going to have to send my Lupold 1.5to 5MR scope back to them.... Illumination dial is not working and View is soft compared to my other Lupold scopes... So I think there's little Parallex issue going on..... I really like the scope for the carbine though I just want it to work right.... The 3.5 to 10 tactical scope on the SASS is real nice.......

]
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by magi.
10 years 2 months ago #34492

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

Glad to hear everything is falling in place, sweet shooting rifles :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 2 months ago #34501

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

Nice shooting Magi.
10 years 2 months ago #34508

Replied by magi on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

thank you.... it should get better.... im really just starting... when i print consistently.... ill go out to 3 and 500 yqrds next....
10 years 2 months ago #34518

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

Mag, all I can say is I NEVER hope you need to shoot at me, those are some good groups and they will only get better...
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 2 months ago #34523

Thank you cowboy... that's a real compliment.... I'm just beginning.... once the groups get tight and stay that way... I'll start shooting out at three and 500 yards and doing offhand work with the carbine......
10 years 2 months ago #34529

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

I'm just taking my guns out and looking at them and waiting for the spring thaw, which I hope comes before July.
10 years 2 months ago #34534

That's so sad....... When I lived in Alaska even in the winter I would shoot like five days a week... When I wasn't working.... But it really helped that the range was in the backyard......
10 years 2 months ago #34544

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic At the range.... Finally.... SASS & 10T Carbine

I got to find some downrange time next week I have a scheduled HOG hunt on the 17th (its a gift to my wife for Valentines Day). Taking my AR10 for the big hogs and my Ruger Ranch Rifle for the small ones..
10 years 2 months ago #34562

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!