Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Short Range report.

• Thank you received: 547

Short Range report. was created by Siscowet

My son got back from college last night and so we hit the range with the new AR10T carbine as well as a newly modified Colt AR15 HBAR sporting a new flattop upper reciever, and an Arsenal AK 7.62x39.
Just forget the camera and the cell phone, so no pictures.
We were shooting 175 SMK's in both Federal Gold Medal Match, and M118LR's in the AR10. Just shooting off the bipod. Took only six rounds to get a zero, and almost every thing after that was in the bullseye. At 100 yards. Of the 45 rounds we both shot after zeroing, 2 were in the nine ring and one in the eight. Rest were in the bullseye. Which were quickly obliterated on all the targets. While I did not measure any 5 shot groups, From the results I am confident this will be a sub MOA rifle. Very little stringing of groups was observed, maybe because of the bull barrel. The only problem I foresee is that it is now my son's favorite rifle, and I don't know how often I will get to shoot it.
The Burris 3x9 Scope was very nice with excellent eye relief and very precise adjustments. I am very satisfied.
The AR15 shot well also just shooting M855's to get some brass to load some 75 grain Hornady BTHP. And the AK? Well it is an AK.
9 years 11 months ago #38510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Short Range report.

Thanks for posting, good to hear your sons home. My daughter is home from college for the summer also. She asked me to teach her how to shoot ( she is serious now) I have taught her plenty before but she showed little interest in serious drills up til now.
9 years 11 months ago #38512

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Short Range report.

You should have called, I would have brought My camera. :busted: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Probably better to just go and buy another aR just like that one, then, make it real ugly, in case His needs cleaning and He dicides to do a switcharooo onyuh. :twothumbs:

Just kidding. Nice range report, probably the best one I`ve ever seen without pics.
I had a feeling that You would like that Burris.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #38527

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Short Range report.

That is neat Lib. My son is starting to pass me in shooting skills now, and I am no slouch. Fun to watch. He just got called back to the job he had last summer, so I don't know how much we will get out this year.
Marty, I still have the AR10 standard, which is pretty darn good also. When he goes off on his own aftwr college, one of the two will probably be going with him anyway. That was the plan when I got it. (As good excuse to get it as any, heh, heh, like I need an excuse).
9 years 11 months ago #38534

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Short Range report.

:I-agree: :funnypost: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
9 years 11 months ago #38560

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!