Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Getting frustrated with the ar10T

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Montana55 on topic Getting frustrated with the ar10T

Thanks for the information jtallen83, this is good to know. On other rifles I have, I have not had this much variation in results with using different ammo. I thought that being on the upper end of recommended bullet weight (180gr) for the 11.25 twist might have had some effect, but not that much. Seems I will have to stick with the Federal or try some of the NATO M80 ball. This is not a daily shooter, just want to be able to reach out to 300+ when needed. Thanks again.
9 years 7 months ago #41988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Getting frustrated with the ar10T

If you need hunting bullets, try the Sierra 165 grain Boat Tail Soft Point. And accept the fact you have to zero for every new bullet weight and load you shoot, if you are doing any distance shooting. It is simple physics. Gravity works on a 180 grain of different shape totally differentLy than a 168 gr BTHP. Also, experiment to see what your rifle likes to digest best. A 1 in 11.25 twist should be around 165 to 170 grain. Half the fun is discovering what works the best.
9 years 7 months ago #41991

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!