Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

new AR10

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic new AR10

LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 8 months ago #41495

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by NAMVET1970 on topic new AR10

Yes, it is an Ergo 93,but you will notice that the quad rail handguard has a delta ring so it is not a floating barrel arrangement, was that a new or used rifle, my guess is someone put that together. Armalite does sell a quad rail handguard with 3 rail covers, it's a 2 pc, and cost $150(3 length's, short; mid-length; and rifle length).

ergogrips.net/products/stocks/ergo-f93-pro-stock.html
9 years 8 months ago #41504

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic new AR10

The rifle was new, and I was told by the man behind the counter it was ordered from Armalite.
9 years 8 months ago #41526

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic new AR10

Word I have heard is that Armalite is changing a lot on their rifles, and will be making fewer overall models but more of them
9 years 8 months ago #41530

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by lifegard22 on topic new AR10

That is an ERGO 8 position adjustable stock. Excellent stock that we also use on some of our builds both AK and AR.

www.saigacustom.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai, jtallen83
9 years 8 months ago #41536

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by AZ Deuce on topic new AR10

HI, I'm new here, been lurking for a while, I'm usually on the FALfiles, I've owned a RRA LAR-8 Standard Operator for over 2 years, and just picked up a second 16" mid-lenght gassed LAR-8 to convert into a 308 cal "Recce" about 6 months ago, great rifles.

The buttstock on the AR10 above is the ERGO F93, I use it on most of my AR builds, very comfortable, has a fixed cheek piece so your cheek weld can be consistent no matter where the stock is extended. I use the F93 on one of my RRA LAR-8s too with a special short/heavy buffer. The rail on the AR10 pictured is NOT free floated. A free floated handguard is a MUST to achieve the rifles best accuracy. I don't like all the rails,(quad rails) you only need one long one on top, and you don't really need that, unless your running night vision add-on devices, but all the cool kids (Special Forces), run the full rail on top, so I do too. Butt the MI-SS Gen2 comes with add on rails for the side and bottom if you need them. That's just my personal preference, yours may vary...it's America, you're allowed to build yours however you like.

But these things with their heavy barrels weigh enough as it is, so if I can lighten them without interfering with reliability and accuracy I will do so. The biggest improvement on weight reduction on both of my LAR-8s was adding the MI-SS Gen 2 free float hand guard (FFHG), I prefer this handguard over all others, I think MI's new "Keymod" FFHG would be just as good, but that came out after I set up my LAR-8s so I have no experience with it.

MI makes the SS Gen2 for the AR10, it shaved about 3/4 of a pound off my LAR-8 and being only 1.5" in diameter is incredibly ergonomic to me, and I'm 6'4" with big hands. I just love that handguard, I even started putting them on my 223 ARs. That AR10 for $1200 sounds like a good deal the Ergo F93 is around $175 give or take, just take that cheese grater non-free floated handguard off and add a MI-SS Gen2, or Keymod, and most likely you'll need a low-profile gas block,and that thing will transform into a super combat, DMR, or sniper rifle, depending on what optics you set it up with.

308 ARs are very versatile, they are becoming my favorite 308 launching devises. These are just my opinions, of what works best for me, your opinion may vary and that's OK, we are not all the same. I just wanted to let you know that AR10 might be a good buy, and has the potential to become the best rifle you ever owned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai, jtallen83, NightForce
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by AZ Deuce.
9 years 8 months ago #41542

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!