Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Pistol Grip Screw

• Thank you received: 0

Pistol Grip Screw was created by hceuterpe

Anyone ever remove the pistol grip from an AR-10T ('A' variant)? I'm trying to install an ambi safety selector, and for the life of me can't figure out what screw bit to use. Looks to be a "security" hex bit with that dang post in the middle... :banghead:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by hceuterpe.
9 years 1 month ago #44402

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by swebb on topic Pistol Grip Screw

That's weird...mine just takes a standard hex key. Can you get a picture of it???
9 years 1 month ago #44404

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by ARMALITE TR on topic Pistol Grip Screw

All you need is a 3/16" T Allen wrench.
9 years 1 month ago #44408

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by hceuterpe on topic Pistol Grip Screw

I definitely had a 3/16" allen screwdriver bit. It didn't work last night. I finally got it off using a T35 bit. Strangely I had 2 of those. One worked, one didn't. The one that did I suspect was slightly off somehow (it was a very cheap bit set).

Fortunately it didn't mar the screw at all. There is no special post that required a security bit.

Maybe I was just tired last night...

On a side note, that ambi safety from Armalite is going back. The levers are actually longer than the standard right-handed safety and I concluded it was going to be annoying. Going with the BAD ambi safety with the different sized levers that are interchangeable...
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by hceuterpe.
9 years 1 month ago #44411

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!