Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10 DEF B model

• Thank you received: 3

AR10 DEF B model was created by 4570govt

I ordered my new free float handguard and .750 gas block from Midwest Industries today, thanks all for the help. Should be very nice on the new carbine!

I'm also picking up my new AR10 SPR tomorrow at the gunshop, amazingly both are supposed to arrive tomorrow from two different dealers on Gunbroker and by two different shippers!

I may just install a free float on the SPR too, depending on how well the carbine turns out!
8 years 10 months ago #45344

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic AR10 DEF B model

That sounds like a good mod, can't go wrong with MI. A lot of people here like there products. I have not purchased from them, but in the morning a couple of guys will chime in with some useful info. Welcome to the forum, sounds like you will have a enjoyable couple of months ahead. Check out the threads on new rifles, you will find some common ground with others experiences. New AR10 owners will find that during the initial week or two there are a couple of things that everyone does. First break it down and really clean it well and get to understand the mechanism. When shooting those initial rounds shoot something fairly stout like 175-180 grain quality ammo this will help get you make the break in period pretty painless. Also lube it like a oil well the first couple hundred rounds. If you do just those three things there is a high probability your breakin will go off without a hitch. If it doesn't don't worry there is plenty of good advise here and you will be able to work through it. Again welcome. Look forward to your posts.
8 years 10 months ago #45345

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by 4570govt on topic AR10 DEF B model

I'll take your advice on that ammo, I was already planning on oiling it very well before shooting.

I'm an ol' High Power shooter with M14's, not turning my back on the M14, but the eyes aren't what they used to be and I think the AR10 is a better platform for mounting a scope. I've tried scopes on my 14's, just doesn't suit me. I'll stick with irons on those rifles!
8 years 10 months ago #45347

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!