Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

High volume shooting in a class, competition, etc.

• Thank you received: 3

High volume shooting in a class, competition, etc. was created by 4570govt

Anyone use their AR10's in competitions, classes, etc.? Just wondered if anyone have had any problems with their rifles during high volume shooting? Malfunctions, parts breakage, etc.?

I like my two Armalites, but I don't have near the experience with these as I have with my M14's and AR15's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
8 years 9 months ago #45454

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic High volume shooting in a class, competition, etc.

Never shot one in a class or competition but I've had a few 2-300 round sessions. I wasn't doing consecutive mag dumps but kept it pretty hot. Most of my shooting with AR's is done at a brisk pace in conditions ranging from 100 degrees, in the rain, in the snow, and a good bit below zero. I have several thousand rounds plus through my AR-10 and have only replaced two parts, the extractor spring and the ejector spring, they weren't to the point of a malfunction yet but I could tell they were getting weak. I don't recall ever having a malfunction, even shooting crappy HSM ammo that was splitting at the case neck when fired. If my life was depending on a weapon I'd grab one of my ArmaLites, both pre Strategic Armory Corps so we'll see in time if they can keep up the high standards.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, 4570govt
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 9 months ago #45455

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by 4570govt on topic High volume shooting in a class, competition, etc.

So far, these firearms seem to be very reliable, time will tell, but I don't think I'll be disappointed. They seem to be very robust, well made weapons!
8 years 9 months ago #45462

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!