Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Sights

• Thank you received: 6

Sights was created by Michael_D_Henry

Anyone know if a standard rear buis will line up with a A2 front sight on an Armalite carbine AR10?
8 years 5 months ago #46454

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Sights

That may depend on what model you have. The new A-SERIES TACTICAL CARBINE description sounds like that one will but I'm not sure when these changes took place, might have been this way all along but this is the first I've seen it in a description;
"The AR-10 Tactical Carbine is chambered in .308 and combines an innovative A2-style front sight with the A4 flat-top upper receiver that has gained popularity for its ability to accommodate sights, scopes, lights and other accessories. The new A2-style front sight was designed by Armalite’s engineers and is manufactured from forgings right here in our factory. The front sight is taller than traditional A2 front sights to account for differences in AR-15 and AR-10 receiver heights. This eliminates issues when zeroing when a carry handle or flip-up rear sight is used in combination with the A2-style front sight. "

armalite.com/shop/ar-10a-tactical-carbine/

Maybe the Armalite rep can clear it up for you if this isn't your model.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46457

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Michael_D_Henry on topic Sights

That's what I have. It's the one I bought from CDNN with the crap scope and mounts. A cool guy sold me some bad ass Burris guick detach PEPR mounts that work like a champ. The cheap scope even worked well after many rounds yesterday. If it will just hold zero until after deer season, I will happy. The gun shoots like a dream! Much better than I expected from a .308 16" carbine.
8 years 5 months ago #46466

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Sights

Try one of these on your PEPR a micro dot
Having a heck of a time posting pictures now.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Siscowet.
8 years 5 months ago #46468

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Sights

I have to resize all the pictures I want to post now. It's been back and forth since the last big update........
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46469

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Sights

[quote="jtallen83" post=46469}I have to resize all the pictures I want to post now. It's been back and forth since the last big update........[/quote]

I use Irfanview to resize all posted pics to about 800 pixels wide. That seems to work, and doesn't plaster the pic over several scroll bars.

Vicman's photo editor used to be good, but doesn't work in Windoze 7 (my current OS). It's about equivalent to Irfanview, but the buttons are different.

Both of these programs are freeware. If you download either please do so from their homepage. I recently discovered that applications downloaded from Tucows have adware/malware included in the install, and no way to disable that. CNET is good too.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet
8 years 5 months ago #46500

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by ARMALITE TR on topic Sights

If you have the A10A4CBA2F then it has our new AR-10 A2 front sight that you can co-witness with a flip-up rear sight.

Before this rifle came about we used the standard AR-15 type A2 front sight on our AR-10 thus the upper receiver had to have the integrated A2 carry handle. If you swapped the AR-10 carry handle style upper receiver for the flat top upper receiver you could not add a rear sight of any kind to co-witness with the A2 front sight.

TR
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Siscowet, Michael_D_Henry
8 years 5 months ago #46509

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!