Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

how to remove ar10 muzzle brake, need to install tomb brake for can...Thanks..A

• Thank you received: 0

how to remove ar10 muzzle brake, need to install tomb brake for can...Thanks..A was created by wolfeel

How to remove ar10 brake (muzzle)..so I can install tomb brake for a can...don't want to wreck barrel..I don't see any pins, so I'm assuming its screwed on...? Thanks Al
7 years 5 months ago #47741

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic how to remove ar10 muzzle brake, need to install tomb brake for can...Thanks..A

I can't help you, suggest you call Armalite. I am guessing they can get you a tech sheet to help.
7 years 5 months ago #47742

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic how to remove ar10 muzzle brake, need to install tomb brake for can...Thanks..A

Just swapped out my AR-10B FH for an AAC FH for a can. It came off real easy, used barrel blocks in a vise. All it had was a crush washer and then it wasn't very tight at all. As long as it has a 16 inch plus barrel and was not made during the assault weapons ban or for one of those states that require it there should not be a pin.
Some of the newer models with brakes installed on shorter barrels are pinned, sometimes a factory pin job will be near impossible to see.
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 5 months ago #47743

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by wolfeel on topic how to remove ar10 muzzle brake, need to install tomb brake for can...Thanks..A

Boy hope mine comes off that easy...Heard about using torch and heat to get it off...I'll give it a try...Thanks for letting me know..Al
7 years 5 months ago #47744

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!