Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Serrated vs. non Serrated BCG for AR10A2

• Thank you received: 0

Serrated vs. non Serrated BCG for AR10A2 was created by Gator Monroe

Finished my 1997 ArmaLite AR10A2 (20" with Green Furniture) but had to go with a NEW serrated ArmaLite BCG and recently found a Non-Serrated NEW old stock ArmaLite AR 10 "Stripped" carrier for $85.00 and am wondering if parts from the Serrated carrier will interchange seamlessly and switching carriers is more acceptable than Bolts or entire BCG ??? I have about 75 rounds through the Rifle so far and it feeds and cycles perfectly and should I fear switching to the more correct carrier with swap out of parts & bolt from one to the other ??? Also Web vendor with Carrier says it is early style 1956 -2002 and that also has me confused (Are Very early ArmaLite BCG not compatible with late 90s B model non BFA AR10A2 upper ?)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Gator Monroe.
7 years 3 months ago #47811

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Serrated vs. non Serrated BCG for AR10A2

May have seen the carrier you are referring to, should work fine with the parts off your BCG. I'm by no means an expert on the real early stuff but I think the big difference would have been the carrier key height/configuration on the oldest ones. You might be able to dig something up here about the compatibility, there were some pretty good posts about the early stuff from years ago.
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 3 months ago #47812

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gator Monroe on topic Serrated vs. non Serrated BCG for AR10A2

Got the non serrated carrier , but instead of parting out my Serrated Carrier I ordered a new Gas Key & 2 sets of screws from Sherluc , ArmaLite told me they were using their Keys for current production and that ANY GAS KEY will work on the AR 10 Carrier so I ordered M16 /AR 15 gas key and hope that is correct and the M16 KEY WILL WORK ...
7 years 3 months ago #47827

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!