Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

lube for ar-10

• Thank you received: 0

lube for ar-10 was created by jon

I was just contacted last night. I was told not to use 20-50 motor oil for lube and what to use instead wrote it down and lost it. looked at midway and didnt see it Im terrible with names and forgot gentlemans name who contacted me please contact me again and tell me what the name of the lube you recomended again thanks, jon
14 years 9 months ago #1832

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:lube for ar-10

Jon be careful using oil, it can saturate the ammo not to mention the possibility of fire, not much but a chance,
Here is a link to the stuff that I have been using
www.mil-comm.com/
this stuff is the greatest and it is endorsed by a number of manufacturers, including ArmaLite and Dillon. You also can get it through MidWay USA.
www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=573734
you can also get a bigger size if needed.
Or if you want to keep it simple, use axle grease, but ditch the motor oil.
BMS

Oh ya, I just want to add that for our big guns, everything that I have read suggests gun grease works better.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 9 months ago #1834

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mabel on topic Re:lube for ar-10

I will second the mil-comm endorsment. I use it on my AR-10T as well as all of my other guns. The stuff works great and is easy to use. The people at mil-comm are great to work with also.
14 years 8 months ago #1902

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:lube for ar-10

Glad to hear it and I also use it on all my weapons as well, although I have to use the MC2500 in one of my pistols. I can honestly say that it does work in all kinds of conditions. I had a bunch of sand and dust blow into the receiver (open) and thought i was going to have a nightmare on my hands, nope, she cracked off another 75 rounds with out a hitch or being cleaned.
Great stuff that Mil-comm.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 8 months ago #1903

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!