Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition

• Thank you received: 12

AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition was created by crux

One of my associates and I had discussed the eligibility of the AR-10 in "Service Rifle" categories as it had not been officially an "issue" rifle in the past. Today he mentioned he heard that AR-10 family is now accepted on account of the issue of the M110 Rifle. (2009 NRA High Power rule book, rule # 3.1.6 Service Rifle - U.S. Rifle, Caliber 7.62mm M-110 Series)

A quick check of the website shows Armalite now offers the AR-10A4NM

www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=10A4...aa-aea0-49488ec48776

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Price is listed as $2,365.00, but I must say I'd be tempted if I were to focus on Service Rifle competition.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by crux.
14 years 7 months ago #2077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by donkey1984 on topic Re:AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition

it is a really good looking gun.
14 years 7 months ago #2082

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition

Yeah, ArmaLite put together the NM from the best of all the AR-10s, the T, The SASS-minus the adjustable gas block, and the A2 and the A4, with all that going for it, well I just wish I had the $$$$$$ to get one. (sad smiley)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 7 months ago #2084

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by weshowe on topic Re:AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition

Gents,

This is good news for .308 shooters. You now have a semi-auto platform that has none of the drawbacks of the M-14/M1A rifles. It should prove to be excellent.

That said, I think that many shooters will stick with the .223/5.56 Nato because of lessened recoil and fatigue across the course. Not to mention that caliber now has been developed to the point that the .308 was years ago and is viable to 1,000 yards.

Still, it would be interesting to see what the AR-10NM4 would do with a good load and the 155 Gr. Sierra MK Palma Bullet or Lapua Scenar.

If forced to shoot issue ammo it would be a toss up, but I always shot better with a issue M-16 than I ever did with the M-14. Same goes for their Semi-auto counterparts.

The AR-10 will be far easier to maintain and hold it's zero's.

A good move on the part of Armalite, IMHO.

Wes
14 years 6 months ago #2181

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:AR-10 for NRA "Service Rifle" competition

I shot my AR-10T as a match rifle. I like my 10T much better than my AR-15 but I scored much better with my .223. One thing I found more difficult was the rapid fire sequences. With my CMP AR-15 I hardly moved off target. With my AR-10T not only was the recoil significant but I also had a small puff of smoke to aim through.
14 years 6 months ago #2182

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!