Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Would like some more help about my AR10 question

• Thank you received: 0

Would like some more help about my AR10 question was created by Gringogigante

Hi guys,

I'm new here and signed up because I was sick of all the bullcrap on the AR15.com forum. I got tired of rude ass people and their smart comments.

I poseted this yesterday, "Hello all, This is my first post. I just found you guys! I want to build a 6.5 Creedmoor AR, and I have a couple of questions.

1. Will a 6.5 Creedmoor upper from DPMS fit on and Armalite AR10 lower?

2. If I'm not mistake, the .5 Creedmoor does need to be built on an AR10 platform?"

I got one answer from some guy named MMSSHH and all he said was, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

I hoping this was not going to be like arf.com but am getting kinda suspicious.

All I want to do is build a damn rifle. I'm not trying to cause trouble by asking these questions. I just want to learn about this stuff and assumed this was the place to do it.

While I'm assuming that his unhelpful reply was in answer to the first of my questions, does anyone know for sure? Or at least have an answer to the other question (if you can figure out which question he was saying "Noooooooooooo" to)?

Didn't mean to piss off one of your members with my very first posted question..... all I wanna do is learn to build a rifle.
14 years 5 months ago #2511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Although I'm no expert, you absolutely cannot put a DPMS upper on an armalite lower. They don't match, are not the same shape in the back below the charging handle among other things. Like trying to put a square through a circle.

I don't think MSH was trying to be rude or a smartass. I think he was just trying to emphasize that you cannot do it in any way shape or form. I don't know him personally, but he has a GREAT rep and he knows how to cut through the bull on all AR issues. He builds and also trained many quality gunsmiths.

I try to follow all I can on AR issues and maybe in
four or five years I'll know as much as he has forgotten. He contributes many bits of "truth" on various AR issues.

I think you'll find this site more usefull from it's many contributors than other sites. This group seems more knowlegeble and mature and has a more pragmatic and focused approach to AR issues.

Can't answer your question for sure if a 6.5 creedmore has to be built on an armalite lower, but I think DPMS is nowing offering 6.5 in their guns.

MSH would be the final authority on that, I think.

welcome to the forum. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll find many new friends with real world experience and a postive experience.
14 years 5 months ago #2512

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Ok I don't know a whole lot about the Creedmore, but I know enough to tell you that stop even thinking about it. ArmaLite and DPMS just will not work, not without making it real ugly....
Here is a link that will "show" you and "tell" you all you need to know about the difference. Not trying to be rude, but you need a direct answer to this question.....Happy Reading....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=378850

If you have anymore questions after reading this, feel free to post them up and we will try to get you the info...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 5 months ago #2513

Replied by Gringogigante on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Thanks guys!
14 years 5 months ago #2515

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 5 months ago #2518

Replied by Gringogigante on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Thank you
14 years 5 months ago #2521

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Gringogigante

Welcome to the AR10T board. While I certainly agree that AR15.com has become a bit of a zoo, it does have a group of people who know a fair amount and provided you avoid the GD board, you will find some good information there. For example, here is FAQ #2 on the AR-10 board:

2.Can DPMS/POF/KAC/RRA/ Larue Tactical upper be put on Armalite lowers?

NO-see pics below. The only uppers that can be put on Armalite lowers are Noveske, Eagle Arms, or Armalite witht the "45" cut on the upper reciver vs the "rounded" DPMS style reciever . The new (11/08) LT uppers are based off the Kac design and the pins will not work even though the upper has the "45" style upper.

I think the AR-10 FAQ on AR15.com thread is a must read for the non-gunsmith AR10 owner. At least it helped me a lot. On the other hand, this web site is certainly a more civilized group of people here. I hope it stays this way.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by silver78.
14 years 4 months ago #2524

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by adminv15 on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

Great contribution! Honestly, all the times I've been on AR15.com I've never looked at the AR-10 FAQ! Definitely going to go check it out.
14 years 4 months ago #2528

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Would like some more help about my AR10 question

I found that link while doing some searching for info on the AR-10, I think I posted it once before, a long time ago...
I hope it helped clear up his questions. I go to it once in awhile to refresh on some stuff....+ what MSH posted on interchangeable parts between the 15 and the 10.

PM sent....

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2532

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!