Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Update on AR not working

• Thank you received: 0

Update on AR not working was created by crawldady

Hey everyone.
An update on my .338 federal upper rhat wouldn't accept the BCG.
I sent it back to Armalite on tuesday.
I spoke with Glen Minton Out there and he gave me all the info i needed to send it to them for repairs.
Well it arrived at the shop on thursday at 10am and at 2:30pm I recieved a call from one of the guys in the shop.
He wanted to know if I knew the history of the gun.
Now things got interesting. He said while all the parts seemed unused, the upper was a recent manufacture where as the BCG and bolt were much older(so this upper assembly was not complete from the factory.) He said that shouldn't have caused a problem, the dimensions should work but something wasn't right.
Turns out that it was a defective bolt that somehow made it out into the public world.

Now get this... They replaced what they needed too and said they would check everything else, test fire it, and ship it back to me today(friday); one day turnaround!!
But thats not the best part. Glen said he would do it as warranty work so there would be no charge!!!!!

Kudo's to Armalite and there great service department and especially Glen Minton.

On a side note when I told them where I bought it from they said they had issues with some guy named tom in that area who assembled there parts and sold the guns as factory new, go figure.
Anyway the guy I bought it from had purchased it from Tom and needless to say he was upset too, but he is taking care of the shipping cost so im not out anything, and i will be getting back a true factory assembled upper.
I will post some pics and range test reports as I am working up the loads, for it.

Thanks everyone.
14 years 5 months ago #2516

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Update on AR not working

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 5 months ago #2519

Replied by crawldady on topic Re:Update on AR not working

You may be right about the coverup. I cant claim to know as much as many of you other members especially you MSH. Ive read nothing but good things about you on the forum. I have only been shooting ar's for about a year and the AR 10 for 6 months or so. I work as a mechanical engineer so im pretty good with anything mechanical, but didn't know enough to start tinkering with something that could be very dangerous if wrong. I do want to learn and this place seems like a decent place to start. My main concern with asking the question was to gather information and MSH kinda hit the nail on the head, as they say.
14 years 5 months ago #2520

Msh, The more I think about the more I think you may be right about armalite covering something up. Im still waiting for the upper to come back. Im gonna check it over really well and see if I can determine which parts, if any were replaced. that will probably be difficult if impossible but Im still gonna try.
14 years 4 months ago #2542

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Update on AR not working

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 4 months ago #2547

Got the 338 back. niether the bolt or the BGC is the one I sent. guess they had to replace both. The action works great now. and I am just finishing up some loads. I let ya know how she shoots
14 years 4 months ago #2559

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!