Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite muzzle break

• Thank you received: 0

Armalite muzzle break was created by Mrfennell

Does anyone know how the put the break on the barrel is it pinned or welded?
14 years 4 months ago #2550

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by RandR on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

Most of Compensators, Flash Suppressors, breaks, are threaded on, using a crush washer. Although depending on manufacturer I have heard of some that are permanently attached.
14 years 4 months ago #2552

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

Randal this crazy bunch threads the break on and then silver solders a hard pin in place. Ive cut a dozen or so off and its a trick not damageing the barrel and save the break. Its a guesing game on which side they put the pin on. I am going to set up a mag flux to see where the pin goes in the future. And I also have to reweld break to use it again.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2554

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Scaup58 on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

I just removed the brake from my AWB era carbine. It was a bit of a job. I thought that the pin was short & fat and went strait in but in fact, it's smaller diameter and goes in tangential to the barrel. I plunged into the center of the weld / silver braze spot with a 1/4" end mill and got into the threads on the barrel before I discovered how the pin actually was drilled. The pin must have been hard as it screwed up the end mill. I then TIG welded the hole in the brake and ran a bottoming tap in to clean up the threads to re-install. A lot of work just to install a free float tube.
14 years 4 months ago #2561

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

Yep you got it I just wish they would put the pin in on the same side always.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2562

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mrfennell on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

Will have to give it a shot on my armalite looks to be plug welded but will repost to let yall know.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Mrfennell.
14 years 4 months ago #2564

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by stef on topic Re:Armalite muzzle break

On my dutch A.R.10 the muzzle is fitted to an outerbarrel,with fittings for firing granades, that is screwed on the actual barrel and then it's secured with a pin that is pushed in from the left side of the barrel.There is no welding on that pin.
14 years 4 months ago #2741

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!