Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

• Thank you received: 0

.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4 was created by Falcon195

The roll mark on the receiver of my Armalite AR-10A4 saids 7.62.
It is my understanding that one shouldn't use .308win in any rifle marked 7.62 as the pressure ratings are higher for .308win.
What do you guys think?
14 years 2 months ago #3013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jam10x on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

it dosnt matter,let me know how it shoots.
14 years 2 months ago #3015

Replied by jam10x on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

do you have the 20 or 16 ?
14 years 2 months ago #3016

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

You guys need to use your heads on this stuff between the metric and english. Some of you beleave everything printed in books and magazines. Please explain how the same powders powders produce different pressure going from english and metric, can the powder read. You get as much pressure differance loading from a rainey day to a sunny day because the powder absorbs mosture in the air and the burn rates change. Leave your powder in the hopper for a few days and watch the groups open up with a weather change.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3018

Replied by Falcon195 on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

jam10x wrote:
14 years 2 months ago #3019

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

Falcon, I have a AR-10 A4 CB, and I shoot .308 through it all the time. I am with MSH on this one, hands down......
The difference between the two is so slight, if any, NATO can't make up their minds on it, and some boxes of ammo have both listed on it as well.......308 Winchester / 7.62x51.
So there is no real difference, not like the 5.56 and .223, in that case there is a bit of a difference....just in case....you can shoot a .223 out of a 5.56 but it is not recommended to do the opposite, that is why if you buy a AR-15, get one that is chambered in the 5.56 so you can shoot both.....which to my understanding there is a pressure difference between those two but not the .308 vs the 7.62.
Not to be rude, but find the article you read that in and use it for the bottom of the bird cage.....LOL :lol:
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3020

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:.308 Win my Armalite AR-10A4

Falcon I didn't mean to come on strong but lets do this, if its a steal case type ammo go by the designation. If its brass case ammo go by the english designation, and that will be a good rule to keep you from trouble. and all the form members. That way there won't be any more confusion. The brass is much softer but thicker. This rule works for all calabers.MSH
14 years 2 months ago #3022

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!