Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10 Grip

• Thank you received: 0

AR10 Grip was created by huntenthusiast

Hello all. I'm a newbie to the AR10T side of the black rifle and just started to gather parts for a "from scratch" build. There doesn't seem to be many companies making grips for this size frame. Can anyone help me out with some links for this? Ergo and Maguls Miad are the only ones found so far but need the "wedge" to make it work. Thank you in advance.

Jim
14 years 2 months ago #3128

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR10 Grip

Try the Hogue over-molded grip...check out this thread....I got it from midway....and didn't need any extras.

www.ar10t.com/13-stocks-a-grips/2057-new-additions.html
and welcome to the site......

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3130

Replied by huntenthusiast on topic Re:AR10 Grip

Thanks BMS, the Hogue grip is what I'm looking for and I don't want to sound like I'm contradicting your reply but the listing doesn't mention it fitting an AR10. In the reviews given, one guy says they fit his AR10 while another says it won't fit his DPMS. Is there that much difference between the two frames? No modifications right?
14 years 2 months ago #3132

Replied by superbee on topic Re:AR10 Grip

i put a ar15 hogue grip on my 10 and it fit with no probs . the grip fits my hand perfict and it has the perfict amount of tack for grip.
14 years 2 months ago #3134

Hey Hunten, trust me on that,,,,,,it went from the box to the gun..no problems....as for the DPMS, I can't speak from no experience.......Here is a link that may help you... :dry: as to part that inter change..... B)

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=378850

BMS

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 2 months ago #3137

• Thank you received: 153

Replied by mrraley on topic Re:AR10 Grip

You can use a regular AR grip from a M-15 on an AR-10. The basic grips are the same.

It's just when you get into the specialty grips, you need to add a wedge.
"Attack the issue NOT the individual"

“Fix the problem, DON’T affix the blame”

"Prosecute the position, NOT the person"
14 years 2 months ago #3166

Replied by huntenthusiast on topic Re:AR10 Grip

Thanks for the link and input BMS and everyone else. I found a Hogue for $11 shipped on GB.
14 years 2 months ago #3167

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:AR10 Grip

Here is the Hogue grip straight from ArmaLite. www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=15000

I have the Falcon Industries, Ergo Tactical grip. They used to make a dedicated version for the AR-10 that did not need a spacer. Any grip that has the extended upper portion for the web of your hand between your thumb and index finger would need to be specifically designed for the AR-1
14 years 2 months ago #3170

Hunten....One more very important thing to remember....you are screwing into aluminum, don't over torque it or you will be sending it in to be re-tapped....

This whole subject give me an idea...... :dry: I feel another video set coming on.....don't know when I will get to it, have a couple other Irons in the fire with my reloading stuff, but I will try to get to it soon....Stay Tuned to this channel.. :silly:
BMS

14 years 2 months ago #3174

Well as I said, stay tuned....here you go...hope this helps and you all enjoy it...
"""""""If you experience any viewing problems...click on the YouTube button to view it better.""""""""
BMS

Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 1 month ago #3268

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!