Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Setup

• Thank you received: 0

Setup was created by Curtis

I need some ideas on setting up my AR10 so I can have my Nikon 2.5x10 40 and still utilize my iron sights for close or fast moving targets, that would be hard to pick up in scope quickly. Any an all ideas will help alot.
15 years 6 months ago #454

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:Setup

Fold down sights and a La Rue or US Optics mount. Generally co witness is done with dot sites.
15 years 6 months ago #461

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:Setup

if it is an A2 style with the carry handle. ARMS makes a carry handle scope mount that you could use to mount your scope and have back-up iron sights. www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=74
15 years 6 months ago #478

Replied by Curtis on topic Re:Setup

No I got the A4 flat top carbine.
15 years 6 months ago #502

Replied by Curtis on topic Re:Setup

I,ll look into it Thanks.
15 years 6 months ago #503

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:Setup

I bought my A10T in October and just got my scope in the mail yesterday and mounted it last night. It is a nightforce 2.5-10x with mildot illuminated reticle. looks great on the gun and can't wait to sight it in.I will zero it at 200 yds. I had mounted a fold down iron sight and front sight, but the rear sight was a really tight fit under the scope and since that scope has a really good close range field of vision at 2.5 x, I decided I didn't need it and removed it. Other attachments at this time are sling and Harris bipod.Will try to get a picture attached soon so you guys can see how the set up looks with the Nightforce.
Other recent purchases are a dpms and a Smith and Wesson M15.Both are flat tops. Both are accurate. The Smith has a retractable stock, 16 in barrel and is very light. I mounted a 1x red dot scope to it and shot 5-shot 2 inch groups with cheap ammo($7/box Federal) at 100yds sitting at a picnic table with the gun resting the forend on a cardboard box.The gun was $899 new, which I thought was a pretty good deal. it is very light. Giving it to my daughter for x mas. My son will get the heavier DPMS with a 3-12x Bushnell scope. At 100 yd,I shot 1.5 inch groups with the dpms with the scope set at 9x.
15 years 5 months ago #687

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!