Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10(T) SCB Super SASS 16" Carbine Questions

• Thank you received: 0

AR-10(T) SCB Super SASS 16" Carbine Questions was created by SilveradoBlue

I have recently purchased an Armalite AR-10(T) SCB Super SASS 16" Carbine. I am told these were designed for the U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC) at the Picatinny Arsenal. Stats for this weapon are a free float quad rail system, two-stage match trigger, gas-buster charging handle, Magpul CTR collapsible stock, and a 1:11.25 twist button rifling triple lapped match grade barrel that has a baked-on ceramic finish. It also has an improved feed ramp, extractor, ejector, and magazines.

I am also told this is a rare limited production carbine version of the ArmaLite AR-10(T) upgraded Super SASS.

I did get a letter of authenticity from Armalite and am now trying to get as much real world info pertaining to this carbine as possible.

In addition to the above, this is what else I have learned so far.

1. This is the 16" carbine that has the picatinny gas block so it won't jam like the adjustable gas block.
2. I am to use 168gr match ammo to feed her with, {I have purchased some Hornady .308 win 168gr BTHP moly coated rounds}
3. Max effective range utilizing quality optics & above ammo is about 600 yards.
4. She was manufactured in JULY 2008.

I have on the way a Trijicon ACOG TA11E with the Trijicon MS03 RedDot 8.0 MOA Sight to be mounted on the ACOG using Trijicon MS18 Protective Wing Mount Assembly.

If anyone could give me further info or stats concerning this carbine and the optics I will be using, I would appreciate it.

Thanx !!!
15 years 4 months ago #767

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR-10(T) SCB Super SASS 16" Carbine Questions

Those are indeed rare. I was able to get one of the surplus uppers and mate it to the standard AR-10 lower.

Pic here:
www.ar10t.com/component/option,com_ponyg...ail/id,20/Itemid,18/

The info you've pulled together essentially matches mine.

I'm half way through the break-in using the black hills moly rounds. Right now I have my EOtech sight on it, which doesn't take full advantage of the rifle's accuracy. From a strap down test on a 50 yard range I'd easilly say it's shooting 1 MOA or under. I'm considering getting a 4x magnifier for the EOTech if the prices ever come down. I expect I'll eventually spring for a high quality scope as well.
15 years 4 months ago #776

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SilveradoBlue on topic Re:AR-10(T) SCB Super SASS 16" Carbine Questions

Nice pic !! Hope you get the magnifier soon.

I have mine set up now but have not been out to play yet.

I see you are using moly rounds, good choice. I will get a pic of mine up after Christmas.

Thanx for sharing some knowledge !!
15 years 4 months ago #778

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!