Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Eagle Arm AR 10

• Thank you received: 0

Eagle Arm AR 10 was created by mtnhick

I have a Eagle Arms Ar 10 in 308 Win. I bought a Armalite 243 upper on Ebay a couple of years ago. I was wondering if this is ok to use on my lower and if I can use the bolt that came with my 308. Also I was trying to remove the barrel nut on the 243 upper and I couldn't get it to break loose, I was afraid of bending or damaging the upper receiver. Any info on this would be helpful. I made a wrench to fit on the barrel nut, I think it's the barrel nut anyways, and was holding the receiver in a fixture I made to go on the blocks where the pins go through, I know there's a name for them, I just don't know what it's called. Both of these uppers have the clam shell hand guards and I would like to free float them. Thanks
15 years 4 months ago #809

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ghostdance56 on topic Re:Eagle Arm AR 10

I bought a complete Armalite in 243; killed my biggest buck yet with it. Warnings about what ammo to use and not use in the rifle came with it. I found Hornady to function the best in mine.
You should check out Armalite's tech notes as it has two articles dealing with the 243.
I'm not sure but I believe there is a difference in the buffer spring between the 243 and the 308; even though I used a 308 upper on my 243 lower for awhile without bad results. I now have them matched up with their proper components.
15 years 4 months ago #810

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!