Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 forward assist

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

I guess I missed this in all the time I have been here...LOL
Anyway for those that might come on here as see this, the forward Asst. is not necessary, but it is a prerequisite for a milspec rifle....I had asked ArmaLite about it after I bought mine and then they came out with it....this is what they said...

1/29/09
"The forward assist was introduced for the AR-10 as we have knowledge that someday soon the military is looking to adopt it to a mil-spec firearm like they did with the M-16. It
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 4 months ago #2761

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mrhog on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

The DPMS I had didn't have a forward assist or a empty case deflecior. The Armalite Super SASS does have both.
14 years 3 months ago #2861

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mrhog on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

The DPMS I had didn't have a forward assist or a empty case deflecior. The Armalite Super SASS does have both.
14 years 3 months ago #2862

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by a Guest.
14 years 3 months ago #2863

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

BUILDING MY SASS wrote:
14 years 3 months ago #2864

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

Your welcome my friend. It is funny, when I sent them the E-mail originally, and then talked to them, I said the same thing, that when the bolt is all the way back, there is enough force that it would brake your finger if you had it in there :ohmy: and that I had never had any problems as far as the round being chambered....that is when they sent me that statement explaining why it was adopted...and to add, I am like you ;) , it is always at the ready but there is a snap cap in the chamber until otherwise needed.... B)
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
14 years 3 months ago #2865

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR-10 forward assist

What I like is how responsive Armalite has been to random questions. I've asked a number of questions before and since purchasing one their rifles and they've always answered quickly. That, if anything, was probably my deciding reason for choosing Armalite.
14 years 3 months ago #2873

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!