Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

16" SASS

• Thank you received: 0

16" SASS was created by luckypunk

Howdy all

found this site while trying to research my new gun

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

15 years 4 months ago #845

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:16" SASS

very nice rifle! How does it shoot? There has been a lot of talk about the Carbine SASS here on the forum about issues with the adjustable gas block. What has your experience with the carbine SASS been? Is the optic a Mark 4? Looking forward to hearing about it!
15 years 4 months ago #846

Replied by luckypunk on topic Re:16" SASS

Yes, it's a MK4 4.5x14 with the TMR reticle. I need to get some superhigh MK4 rings for it. It came stock from the factory with the standard railed block, PRI gasbuster & H buffer. I grabbed a few rounds & put an TA31F ACOG on it & headed out for a function test. Flawless function, no FTF, FTE ect.I was surprised how soft shooting it was, much easier follow up than my remington LTR .308 bolt The gun is a dream to shoot.

The LTR was my "long range" gun that I used for hunting with my longest shot at 540 yards on a deer & competitions out to 1/2 mile. but I had too much trouble reloading the magazine on the LTR under stress so I traded it off for a converted saiga12 This gun will be replacing the LTR in all roles.

This week sometime I'll chrono some of my 175 SMK loads and maybe do some SA surplus to work up some data. Out of the the 20" barrel of the LTR I was able to get 2650 so it will be interesting to compare. I might look at going to a 155 or 168 after I burn through the 175s.
15 years 4 months ago #847

Data taken in 36* weather
I was pleased, as I was expecting at least 100FPS lower than the 20"er with my SMK load.

I brought my AR15 & was surprised that the felt recoil seems to be less with the AR10. But to be fair it weights 2(?) lbs more

SA surplus
low: 2476
high: 2595
avg: 2546
spread: 119.5
SD: 35.91

SMK175 44.5 varget
low: 2598
high: 2632
avg: 2619
spread: 34.47
SD: 11.26
15 years 4 months ago #856

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:16" SASS

Just my opinion on glass for a 16" barrel. An 8.5-25 is way too much magnification. Ten power would be great. There is a thread on this subject in this forum that you may like to read in regards to scopes and power.

Very nice rifle!
15 years 4 months ago #858

The scope pictured is a 4.5x14x50. I still don't have rings for it yet. originally I wanted to put the Leupold 2.5 X 8 MRT. but that is 1K that could go towards a suppressor
15 years 4 months ago #860

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by zfk55 on topic Re:16" SASS

Not if its a Wilson Armalite AR10-A4 conversion. These conversions are guaranteed to shoot moa at 1,200 + yards with a 16" barrel. All you supply is the receiver and your excellent scope. (Must be a quality scope capable of 1,500 yards) He supplys the bolt, barrel, foregrip and he ramps your rail so that your scope will go out to 1,500 yards. You absolutely must use his load data for the warrantee.
He's just completed a number of military sniper contracts and is taking limited orders, but be prepared for the price tag.
I have a copy of his original writeup with the US Army and Marine sniper team tests. It'll blow your socks off.
www.shooterready.com is his intial point of contact.

zfk55

Nope. That link is no longer his personal popint of contact. If you're a serious enquirer/buyer email me and I'll send you his personal email address.
Latigo

"When futile negotiating is done, when the corrupt politicians will not hear, when the voice of the citizens is ignored you will then face me under a different and final circumstance."

Col. Michael Hoare
15 years 3 months ago #931

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!