Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

Short for Backup Iron Sight. Iron sights clipped on to the A4 rail and gas block rail. Some flip to stay out of the way when using a primary optic.
15 years 3 months ago #988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by ROCKETMOM on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

Featherblue, I tried submitting an answer to your question but it evaporated into the atmosphere somewhere along the way. No, I haven't acquired my BUIS yet, but I am leaning towards the Troy folding battle sights. I haven't received any replies from MI concerning the replacement of their sight inserts with tritium inserts, but I did get a reply from Troy. They think it should work in their sights, and they did supply a phone number with a request to call for more info. I keep forgetting to call them during business hours, though. I think that if I get tritium in the folding sights, I should be able to fold the BUIS down when using a scope so the tritium won't bleed into the optics. I haven't chosen any optics yet, but am looking at EOTech and Leupold. I'm headed to a huge gun show in Ft. Worth this weekend and hope to be able to check out a lot of different brands and types of optics and maybe some BUIS before I decide which ones to buy. Any comments are welcome.

Rocket Mom
15 years 3 months ago #989

Replied by Rakkasan on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

Thanks to all for the education!

So.....I guess I need some BUIS! Actually, I'm not that fond of telescopes so my iron sights will probably be all she ever gets. Since these "irons" will be my primary sight, the folding thing doesn't seem necessary (or even prudent!).

Suggestions?
15 years 3 months ago #991

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by featherblue on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

ROCKETMOM,

Keep us posted on the Troy sights. That is the brand I want when I can afford it! I put a Zeiss Conquest 4-14 X 50 scope on the rig. This is the best glass I have ever looked through.
15 years 3 months ago #997

Replied by ROCKETMOM on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

featherblue, I will report back after I talk to the guys at Troy. Thanks for letting us know about your Zeiss. I hope to be able to check out some Zeiss scopes at the gun show this weekend.
15 years 3 months ago #1000

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:BUIS Question for AR-10 Super SASS

Hi, just reading trough and was wondering if you figured out your sight issue yet. If not check Kimber's Meprolight AR-15 sight set. I don't know about Troy's sights, but they will inter change with MI's and a wide range of others. www.kimberamerica.com then click on Meprolight, scroll down and you'll see them. Good luck.
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
15 years 1 week ago #1358

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!