Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

• Thank you received: 11

101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8 was created by Uncle ArmaLite

12 years 7 months ago #8701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re: 101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

Reasons 1,2,3,4 and 5 stand out to me!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by mlotziii.
12 years 7 months ago #8702

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mantawolf on topic Re: 101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

2 is FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt. forging isnt any better than some "billet" aluminum. A billet by definition is nothing more than a chunk of aluminum and the right grades of aluminum billets are as strong as steel and used in aircraft.

Course in my opinion most of this is marketing FUD.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by mantawolf.
12 years 7 months ago #8704

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Bob Downey on topic Re: 101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

I have a few years in the military as an armorer.I also have done some study in metallurgy while putting 1900 hrs tn training to become an A&P. I have a different opinion. I was informed and have 1st hand experience which leads me to conclude forged metal items have superior qualities. Not every application calls for forged processes. I by far preferr having a forged receiver. Especially since I have had to rotate a few cracked ones back to Crane for final disposition. I absolutely have no faith in investment cast parts. Billet vs. forged? Depends upon the parent billet processing. Just because you start with a hammer forged billet does not mean that the receiver will not crack due the stresses of heavy firing. I have yet to see a hammer forged receiver fail.
Just my $0.02 worth.
Learn to do things for yourself. Its good for you and makes you a better American!
12 years 7 months ago #8705

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re: 101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

Had issues loading the link Uncle A...but

Some things to consider..given the last two posts...Everything wears...Everything Breaks under the Right circumstance..Nothing is Absolute.
People make parts...more to the point People tell machines to make the parts..
I worked in a Machine Shop making Hydraulic Pumps..and some for the Military..
Just in case anyone wonders...Back to the subject...I don't care who or where they are made...it is the nature of things that they will fail under time and stress and issues not seen...Murphy's Law...LOL.
I bought my ArmaLite's because of the research I did...They were the FIRST AR MANUFACTURER....with Eugene Stoner..(The Father of the AR)...ArmaLite has changed hands a few times, what company hasn't, to be the Company they are today...and making the rifles they do...My ArmaLite has served me beyond Well...
I know I can stake my life on them if I have to....
There are Pros and Cons to either argument ...machined of Forged...
But as a whole...ArmaLite supersedes the Competition in the fact that they are a "Stand Alone" company and will remain that till the end...for this and the other Facts to their success, I will Stand Behind my ArmaLites...To The End.....
Reason 102....BUILDING MY SASS Recommends It
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
12 years 7 months ago #8711

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by TrapperJohn on topic Re: 101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite: Chapters 1 Thru 8

I do like the "Armalite's president can actually shoot" part.
12 years 7 months ago #8760

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!