Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

identify this barrel logo?

• Thank you received: 0

identify this barrel logo? was created by apheod

Can anyone tell me what type of barrel this is based on the logo? The seller of the rifle told me it was a Rock Creek, but I haven't been able to find this logo on any Rock Creek barrels with a quick google search, or anywhere on their website.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

11 years 4 months ago #14948

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic identify this barrel logo?

I could have told you before you asked, but I went blank between clicking reply and typing. Now it's gonna bug the crap out of me until I remember.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
11 years 4 months ago #14958

Replied by apheod on topic identify this barrel logo?

I also just identified what he claimed to be a Geissele match trigger to be a JP.

I think I've been had.
11 years 4 months ago #14964

Ouch. I would be absolutely ,<profanity> livid over that. JP makes good stuff but that's about a $100 price difference.
11 years 4 months ago #14968

Depending on what the barrel turns out to be, I don't think I made out TOO terribly bad though, considering what "deadly assault rifles" are selling for these days.

It's a DPMS LR-243 marked lower, with a free float .308 barrel and what I believe to be a stock BCG. He claimed the components were chosen, assembled, and accurized by GA Precision, which I'm now a little skeptical of. Has a MagPul grip and CTR stock with a Larue RISR, BCM Gunfighter charging handle, the JP adjustable trigger, Surefire threaded muzzle brake, a LaRue bi-pod mount and what I believe is a Harris bi-pod. I haven't been able to identify the rail, but I like it just fine.

I paid $2500 for the rifle, 2 PMAGS, and a carrying case. I'm more angry about finding out he lied to me than about the price difference between the Geiselle and the JP. The trigger is pretty good IMO. The guy is a dealer and police officer. If the barrel turns out to be junk, I'm going to get a little hot.

Here is a picture of the rail.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by apheod.
11 years 4 months ago #14972

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic identify this barrel logo?

Nice shooter Aphoed. As for the bipod, I can't be ABSOLUTELY certain but I DO believe that is a Harris. It's almost exactly the same config as mine and looks pretty close.

Mine has a "sway bar" on it for (minor) leveling without adjusting the legs and I can't tell if yours does or not but everything else looks pretty close.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Sharkey.
11 years 4 months ago #14973

Well, I just placed a call to Rock Creek and described the logo to them and was told that is the logo of Patriot Arms, who he made the barrels for, so that does seem to check out. In that case, I think $2500 was a fair price.
11 years 4 months ago #14975

If you do in fact have a GAP rifle, you did very good and I would have no doubts as to its quality and accuracy. Best bet would be to contact gap and see if they built it, and if so, what they can tell you. Being a custom shop, It's hard to rule out what parts are original, since they will use what the buyer wants, within reason.
11 years 4 months ago #14976

Not to plug my own thread but, this will help adjusting your sway bar, and make it easier to lock down. Harris wants a wallet full for these same parts.
DIY POD LOC
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by 13fcolt.
11 years 4 months ago #14977

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic identify this barrel logo?

Mine was configured a little different than the one you had in the photo. All I did was tighten to the way I like it with a little locktight on the threads and I've never had an issue.

Thanks though buddy. Good stuff.
11 years 4 months ago #14979

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!