Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Would you thread this barrel for a muzzle break?

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Would you thread this barrel for a muzzle break?

You are a very fortunate man to have those kinds of skills.
I am retired Mechanic/machinist wanna be from the Montana DOT, I did good in the Mechanakeing department , but, as for machining anything, I know just about enough to be dangerous and really messitup. Juz like My spellign. :rotfl:

Does that one stop the barrel from rising too, or just helps from hammering a shoulder ???
If that`n will stop the barrel from rising, I thinking I`ll get one.
I have a frien that is a machinist and has been threadink barrels, does a good job too.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by MrMarty51.
10 years 6 months ago #29422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Would you thread this barrel for a muzzle break?

What I would do is do a concentricity test.. If its not concentric then you will not be able to thread it without some specialized tools (this would be an offset thread application, not easy). In addition if its not concentric the gun will never be accurate at all. If the concentricity is due to + dimension then you can mostly likely lathe it out. If its due to - dimension then the bbl can be added to you boat anchor collection.
10 years 6 months ago #29438

• Thank you received: 122

Replied by NightForce on topic Would you thread this barrel for a muzzle break?

I'm not sure what's worse:

The suppressed state of Illinois OR The Communist Republic of Massachusetts :laugh:
9 years 11 months ago #37533

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Would you thread this barrel for a muzzle break?

Afternoon. If you want a permanent muzzle break you could try Magna Port, they machine the muzzle break ports right into your barrel, if you want a removable break then by all means get the end of your barrel threaded then when not using the break you can get a screw on thread cover. Decisions - decisions, in any case the best of luck on your choice.
9 years 11 months ago #38465

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!