Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

integrally suppressed barrels

• Thank you received: 67

integrally suppressed barrels was created by foxhunter

I have seen some custom gun makers making integrally suppressed barrels for 308 bolt guns and some AR15's, but haven't seen anyone offering uppers or barrels for the AR10.
Anyone seen any? and second, can a suppressor get the 308 down below 140db, which I understand is the safe level for firing the weapon without hearing damage
7 years 2 months ago #47859

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by GGaskill on topic integrally suppressed barrels

You could do this using a blank; machine whatever profile you want but leave a blob at the muzzle to be bored out for the baffles. Probably not enough demand for it to become a stock item for any barrel maker. And everyone would want a different length/profile, further increasing confusion.

I think the noise reduction would have to be under 100dB and preferably under 85 dB to prevent hearing impairment. Damage is time dependent; louder sounds can be tolerated for shorter periods of time. See Dangerous Decibels for more info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxhunter
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by GGaskill.
7 years 2 months ago #47860

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic integrally suppressed barrels

Keep in mind that unless you hand load and down load the rounds, you won't get below supersonic so you will still have the crack from that. Haven't seen any barrels for the AR10. Check with Armalite and their parent company, Surgeon rifles. Surgeon also owns a suppressor company, so maybe they have something in the works.
7 years 2 months ago #47861

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!