Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

HELP!! Bullet/slug stuck in barrel

• Thank you received: 0

HELP!! Bullet/slug stuck in barrel was created by bill,sc

I have a slug stuck in the barrel of LR243L. It will not come out with prussure from a cleaning rod. I am not willing to beat on it. Any suggestions before I take it to a smith?
13 years 6 months ago #5840

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:HELP!! Bullet/slug stuck in barrel

where in the barrel is it stuck? Use your cleaning rod to mark where it is at. Mark the outside of the barrel with tape or something where the bullet is.

What kind of bullet is it? if it's a hollowpoint, I wouldn't try to remove it from the muzzle end, you could open up the bullet.

Use a carbon fiber rod that is approximately the same size as the bore diameter (.243") You could also look for a hard wood dowel and try it.

Drive the bullet out of the barrel vertically using a brass hammer.

After you get the bullet out, clean the barrel and check it for damage where the bullet was lodged. If you don't see any damage, then you should be good to go.
13 years 6 months ago #5841

Replied by OldJarhead on topic Re:HELP!! Bullet/slug stuck in barrel

I'd recommend the cleaning rod from an M-16 buttstock kit (cheap at the gun shows) and use a small hammer as noted with the rifle in the vertical (muzzle up). The recess in the end should fit over the bullet tip (if the bullet is so designed). Take care as to make sure the rod does not slip off the tip of the bullet and get jammed between bullet and bore. Beter yet, get a sucker rod or something similat in a .24 cal or close and use the same method. That is what the smith is going to do and charge you much more than the cost of a cleaning rod ;)
13 years 5 months ago #5884

Replied by CST on topic Re:HELP!! Bullet/slug stuck in barrel

any udates? how did this happen...your gonna have to tap it out with hammer and rid like the guys mentioned above. Happened to a close friend of mine in a .223. came out eventually
13 years 5 months ago #6024

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!