Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Questions about Bushmaster ORC .308

• Thank you received: 0

Questions about Bushmaster ORC .308 was created by AUcobra94

Just picked one up a few weeks ago and this is my first AR style rifle so I have a few questions. What kind of cleaning kit would you guys suggest? Also, do I have to take the rifle apart to clean it, and if so what kind of tools ect. do I need to do this. Lastly, where can I get the best deal on magazines for the gun?

Thanks in advance!
12 years 2 months ago #10080

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Re: Questions about Bushmaster ORC .308

Not being personally familiar with the ORC, I can't comment on magazine offerings.
This should help you with the rest..
www.bushmaster.com/electronic-documents/...nual/308opmanual.pdf
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
12 years 2 months ago #10085

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Re: Questions about Bushmaster ORC .308

The Bushmaster ORC - and DPMS/Remington R25 - uses the Knight's Armament variation on the original (1950's) AR10 lower receiver geometry. The most popular mag for these rifles is the Magpul P-Mag.

Any cleaning kit with a .30 caliber jag or eyelet will work. I like Otis products because they're well made as well as compact.

No special tools are required to field strip an AR; follow the instructions in your manual and you should be good to go.

A word of advice: ARs run best when wet. Ensure the bolt and bolt carrier are well lubed prior to shooting.
RLTW
12 years 2 months ago #10101

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!