Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My new Bushmaster ORC 308

• Thank you received: 0

My new Bushmaster ORC 308 was created by BamaAR

I am new here but have been lurking on here a few weeks looking for some answers. I have searched and found post asking questions but not reall giving me answers I need. Anyway, the folks that have this rifle and has changed out or can give me some options I would appreciate it!

I would like to get an adjustable gas block, what size diameter shouldI get ?
I would like to get a quad rail that mounts flush with the rail on the upper receive , I saw some Daniel Defense, and troy and I think Midwest industries, is this it?
I would like to change out the buffer tube and spring to a better/more reliableone , any suggestions?
Thanks for your help, and I would love to see some of tour Bushmaste 308's!
11 years 2 months ago #16635

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

I'm sorry that I don't have anything Bushmaster Bama however I WOULD like to Welcome you to the boards and thank you for saying hello... :welcome:

Times are pretty crazy right now for all of us and I'm sure one of our members more familiar with your rifle will jump in soon however thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing your rifle and how it turns out once you've found all the "goodies" you are looking for.

Glad to have you aboard and congratulations on your new rifle.

AR10t.com - the home of the Big Bang ARs... (a Moby original :) )

Sharkey
11 years 2 months ago #16640

Replied by BamaAR on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

Thank you Mr. Sharkey. Ad speaking of pictures here is a before
11 years 2 months ago #16641

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Nice rifle bud and please, no "Mr" required. I'm just a regular fella and happy to have you aboard.

Did you order this early on or did you buy it during the blitz?
11 years 2 months ago #16642

It was my Christmas present from Santa aka. My wife. Its hard to get anything now. It only came with one mag, and as such a bad reputation that promag has I picked up one. I have been searchin high and low for a couple Pmags for it and have tried to trade some of my AR 15 pmags for some with of courseno aavail.
11 years 2 months ago #16643

Made it in just under the gun.

I think the absolute best thing you could do for yourself right now bud is just try your very best to be patient.

Prices are absolutely crazy on everything AR and hell, pretty much everything "fire-arm" right now. Ammo is VERY tough to find and mags are like gold.

Since you already own it, you real race is over and you are WAY ahead of all the poor guys sitting around either looking or just on a waiting list somewhere so your best bet is to take a LOT of time before throwing HUGE cash on little items that are in high demand right now but maybe not so much later on.

If you've checked your rifle to make sure it fires well, just hang on until prices start getting better, have a plan of what you want and need and then save your money and be ready for when things open back up.

These are some VERY hard times for us all right now but at least we HAVE rifles and enough supplies to hold out for a spell. This is no time to go broke buying $80 mags and paying 5 bucks a bullet...

I DO encourage you to pursue within our threads what you want to get though and as always, encourage you to ask all the questions you want that you can't find the answers to within the bushmaster area.

Good stuff bud and thanks for the pics... We ALWAYS like pics... :thumbs:
11 years 2 months ago #16645

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

I'm starting to see some AR and AK mags for sale again. mostly cheaper plastic but the price dropped $5 in the last week at classic arms for AK mags. Hopefully this is the tip of the iceberg and the suppliers will start to catch up soon.
LIBERTY FIRST!
11 years 2 months ago #16649

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

Your barrel OD should be .750. Prior to ordering, call the company you're ordering from and tell them about your barrel and check with them about compatibility.

As for rail systems, you'll need one designed for DPMS/KAC pattern barrel nuts. It should be in the product description.
RLTW
11 years 2 months ago #16653

Thank you for the responses, I will check the description before I order my rail.
11 years 2 months ago #16657

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

Welcome to the site....
Is that a Mid length or Rifle Length gas system...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 2 months ago #16661

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!