Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

My new Bushmaster ORC 308

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by BamaAR on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

It's a mid length.
11 years 2 months ago #16662

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by rudynix on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

Hi I'm new to this site, but not new to guns. I just recently purchased one of these for myself as a Christmas present. I have actually made the upgrades on mine and then some. I replaced the buffer and buffer spring with one of Slash's Heave Buffers and spring. You can get that here: Slash's Heavy Buffers
I replaced the stock also with a Magpul UBR. The handguards I replaced with an Apex free float, but as mentioned by another poster, any DPMS 308 Handrail will fit. Bushmaster changed the height on their top rail on the receiver I believe in 2009. You have to make sure that you get the right one if you want the rail to match up in height between the rail and receiver. If you are interested in the Apex free float rail system, you can find it here: Apex Handguards .
Also as mention by another poster, the gas block size is .750. Definitely go with an adjustable one. It will help save a lot of wear and tear since they are over gassed.
Here's a picture of it after the mods.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 3 months ago #33217

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic My new Bushmaster ORC 308

good looking rig :twothumbs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rudynix
10 years 3 months ago #33258

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!